O2 Pre-Gig Meet - Rollcall!

Started by Neillwith2Ls, May 02, 2013, 15:31:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Sounds like you had fun matt!
I only took a few pics in The Pilot Inn (and missed the great bear hug competition) but here they are.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14790052@N08/sets/72157633738370004/
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 26, 2013, 17:01:32 pmI'd had loved to have arrived at The Pilot earlier (i.e. on schedule) as I obviously missed some folk I'd have liked to have seen (Grapers, Patrick), but I thoroughly enjoyed the pre-gig shenanigans with everyone nonetheless.

I'm gutted that I missed you. I also would have liked to have seen Terr, Ron and Garrett, but I missed them as well. Oh, well...we'd better start planning another visit to the UK and make sure we meet you guys too ::)

My wife has told me a couple of times that she thought the TNMS members we met were really nice people ;D

Neillwith2Ls

TRon and Tom arrived in a cab just in time to get a quick pint in before we left for the arena - I think it was around 6.30 or something?

I'd forgotten about the waltz and swaying Lucy! :D
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

TerrBerr

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on May 28, 2013, 12:12:40 pm
TRon and Tom arrived in a cab just in time to get a quick pint in before we left for the arena - I think it was around 6.30 or something?

I'd forgotten about the waltz and swaying Lucy! :D

Yes we had a traffic nightmare on the way down. When we set off the sat nav put our arrival time as 3:30. We didn't pull up to our digs in Blackheath until 6. We made it to the Pilot in time for the bear hugging, a couple pints and a bite to eat.

Sorry we missed you Henrik. :(
To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: TerrBerr on May 28, 2013, 13:07:08 pmSorry we missed you Henrik. :(

Yeah, so am I, I had looked forward to seeing you :-\

Marcel

I had a great weekend.
The gig was great !!! I must say Rush was on fire but the sound in our section 103 (seats in line with Howard U.) was not that great. Very boomy.
It got better in set two. That second set was sooooo good. The CA material really rocked.

Does someone know why they let us enter the hall so late.? They kept us waiting for ages.

It was also great to shake hands with a few fellow TNMSers at the Pilot Inn. Some of you i hadn't seen in ages. Very nice to meet you guys and gals.  ;)

Roll on Amsterdam. ;D

"I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief,......You can call me faithless".

Stephen

Quote from: Marcel on May 29, 2013, 17:43:20 pm
I had a great weekend.
The gig was great !!! I must say Rush was on fire but the sound in our section 103 (seats in line with Howard U.) was not that great. Very boomy.
It got better in set two. That second set was sooooo good. The CA material really rocked.

Does someone know why they let us enter the hall so late.? They kept us waiting for ages.

It was also great to shake hands with a few fellow TNMSers at the Pilot Inn. Some of you i hadn't seen in ages. Very nice to meet you guys and gals.  ;)

Roll on Amsterdam. ;D

Marcel, I was ib Block 102 and sound not great (see above). late into auditorium because urban fox was trapped in there.

Jon

Quote from: Marcel on May 29, 2013, 17:43:20 pm

Apparently there was a fox inside the venue.