So, what are you reading at the moment? Volume 6

Started by Dixkot, February 22, 2013, 18:03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

I rattled through Hamilton's Salvation, and am now savouring the 2nd book in the series, Salvation Lost.

This book has noticeably ramped up the action - it is rattling along at quite a pace and before I know it, I'll be finished and wanting to crack on with the next.

This is really, really, good. I'm so pleased to be along for the ride.

I really must bag a copy of Alastair Reynolds' Bone Silence to keep me going for a while after this (3rd in the Revenger series). Perhaps re-read the 1st 2 again before the 3rd. Well listen to the 1st actually, as I have the audio book. . . hmm... I guess I'm starting to ramble a bit.

Night all - off for another chapter of Salvation Lost before sleep.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Finished Salvation Lost. Hell of a ride, and roll on the completion of this story in Saints of Salvation.

Am currently listening to (I read the physical book when it came out a year ago) Alastair Reynolds' Shadow Captain audio book in preparation for the 3rd part of Revenger, Bone Silence.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

pxr5

February 20, 2020, 19:17:22 pm #257 Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 19:20:17 pm by pxr5
I've finished "What does this Button do?", Bruce Dickinson's autobiography. It's OK, not bad, but not good either. There isn't any of his personal life (apart from the recent cancer), and maybe too much piloting and fencing. I could forgive this if he mentioned Iron Maiden more. I don't recall Dave Murray being mentioned once, never mind Paul Di'Anno who he once referred to as the other singer. A lot of his solo career too which didn't interest me much. If you want to know the ins and outs of Iron Maiden I wouldn't really recommend this. I'm hoping KK Downing's book is a bit more involved.

Now I'm reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. About 2 thirds of the way through and I'm liking it a lot. I saw the film when it first came out and I'm going to watch it again after finishing the book. The book follows a more linear timeline than the film which mixed the stories together. Both good though.