So, what are you reading at the moment? Volume 6

Started by Dixkot, February 22, 2013, 18:03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

October 15, 2017, 15:47:51 pm #195 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 15:36:34 pm by karl
Mister Satan's Apprentice: A Blues Memoir  - Adam Gussow

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Bisto

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

Reg

DavidL

A Fast Ride Out Of Here - Pete Way biog. Xmas pressie.Good read, might get it finished tomorrow.Obviously a few Rush references.

Reg

Nïckslïkk2112

Ned Boulting: On the Road Bike, The search for a Nation's Cycling Soul
Legend in my own Mind

Reg

Another freebie e-book:

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0 : Origins by Randolph Lalonde.

Quite enjoying it - reminds me a little of early space opera, in particular, E. E. Doc Smith.

It's the 1st in a long running space opera series. I think this is the 1st freebie I've read which is tempting me to buy the next one in the series when I've finished this one.

Jonners

Ready Player One

What a very, very good book this is
The new songs are an abomination

Reg

Another freebie e-book: Liquid Cool by Austin Dragon.

pdw1

What does this button do?
The Bruce Dickinson autobiography.

It reads just like how he comes over in interviewers and very funny and insightful in what makes a band successful.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

The Letter R

Quote from: pdw1 on March 10, 2018, 15:41:31 pm
What does this button do?
The Bruce Dickinson autobiography.

It reads just like how he comes over in interviewers and very funny and insightful in what makes a band successful.

I got that for Christmas - not started it yet - I did hear him reading some of it on Planet Rock at the end of last year and it sounded like a good read. Maybe next on the list, am trying to read more this year but have so far only managed one book, although that's already beaten last year  ;D ::)