New York

Started by Neph, December 31, 2012, 07:13:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

JFK - Buffalo return booked 1/6 - 4/6
Get back to JFK 2 hours before I need to check in for flight home, so hopefully all will be good.
All the flights are handled by Delta as well, which might help if things go tits up.
Anger is a gift.

captainkurtz

I wonder if a day trip to Toronto is possible from NOTL.  Only an hours drive away?

Hmm.
Anger is a gift.

BaldiePete

Quote from: captainkurtz on August 11, 2015, 22:56:55 pm
I wonder if a day trip to Toronto is possible from NOTL.  Only an hours drive away?

Hmm.

It's about 80 miles but the traffic will be busy all the way and it will probably take about 1.5 hours if you don't hit any bad traffic jams. Make sure you take the Queen Elizabeth Way all the way to TO and don't go on to the 407 which is a toll road. There are no toll booths, just number plate detection systems which will send a bill to your hire company who'll add a whacking great admin fee before they pass it on to you.

captainkurtz

Will do toronto another time, I think.  NOTL looks nice and we will just relax around there.......

Cheers for the tips, Pete.
Anger is a gift.

Nick

Lakeside Park is a short drive away if you want to do the Rush thing.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

The Letter R

Yes Lakeside Park is very nice - although if you get lost trying to find it pronouncing Port Dalhousie to the locals causes some odd looks.....well it did with us anyway. ;D

Neph

That's us booked up for next year. I wanted to go for 7 days my wife wanted to go for 5, so we compromised and are going for 5 days. ::)
#herewego10inarow

captainkurtz

Quote from: Neph on August 21, 2015, 12:01:30 pm
That's us booked up for next year. I wanted to go for 7 days my wife wanted to go for 5, so we compromised and are going for 5 days. ::)

;D ;D
Yes - we always discuss things calmly and rationally like adults and then do whatever she wants to do.
Anger is a gift.

Dods

Sounds like a great trip. Been NYC three times & TO four. Did the 'vins' from TO with Paul B this time round and we got very close to Niagara, still not done it! An excuse to go back you see ;)

Chris Quartly

Had a nice few days with my Dad who came to visit last week. Did some touristy stuff I hadn't been to, can confirm that Top of the Rock is better than Empire State Building.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

captainkurtz

Its not worht buying a 3 day pass when you're only there for 4 full days, I think?  Best to stick to maybe 3-4 things that are chargeable and spend the rest of the time wandering?
Anger is a gift.

Chris Quartly

For the subway? You either get one week, one month, or pay-per-ride
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

captainkurtz

For the sights - its not worth it...

Just found out yesterday that I havent actually paid for my accommodation yet - thought I'd paid for it at the time I made the reservation...Arse.
Anger is a gift.

Chris Quartly

Yeah I think those things are probably ok if you're really going for it, but I'd prefer not to have to feel like I "had" to do things just to make the most of a coupon. Plus if they bundle in things like The Met and Natural History Museum, they're free anyway (aka pay what you want...). Depends how much it costs and what it gives you I guess (I'm sure there are many, not sure which one you're looking at).

Whereabouts are you staying again?