General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on November 02, 2019, 21:15:01 pmYou seem to have gone off the boil in recent weeks mate?
Yes, we've been sorely missing our Captain and centre back rock that is Matty Brown.  There's no doubt a fair few recent goals we've conceded simply wouldn't have happened if he'd been on the pitch.

Also, our best player Cameron King - who should be playing at a higher level - has a niggling injury that's limited his game time.

So performances and results have suffered without those two prize assets. Hopefully they won't be out for too much longer. :(
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 04, 2019, 19:23:26 pmYes, we've been sorely missing our Captain and centre back rock that is Matty Brown.  There's no doubt a fair few recent goals we've conceded simply wouldn't have happened if he'd been on the pitch.

Also, our best player Cameron King - who should be playing at a higher level - has a niggling injury that's limited his game time.

So performances and results have suffered without those two prize assets. Hopefully they won't be out for too much longer. :(
Hopefully things improve for your team again soon then mate

Slim

Pleased that Jose is back in a Premier League job.  He badly needs a career reset. Can't help thinking that as soon as he hits a bad patch, that vicious circle of player discontent and failure on the pitch feeding each other will kick in.

döm

His management style seems to create player discontent.  He never seems to last more than 2 years wherever he goes despite always been given plenty of money to be able to work with the players he wants to work with.

With Levy's parsiminious ways and Jose's need to spend at every opportunity I don't see this ending well.  

There may well be a bit of a rebound with him taking over and he may even get the team into the top 4 and a minor trophy to boot but things will be turning sour over the course of the next year or so.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Bez

Quote from: Slim on November 03, 2019, 23:15:32 pmReally sick of VAR now.
It just gets worse as the weeks go by....the decision to overturn the Man City goal at the weekend was utterly ridiculous.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on November 25, 2019, 09:31:15 amIt just gets worse as the weeks go by....the decision to overturn the Man City goal at the weekend was utterly ridiculous.
And the decision to make Vardy take the penalty again that he at first missed cost me a chance to make up a lot of ground in FL!

döm

So Unai Emery is gone. He started brightly enough but really lost his way.  Players didn't seem to know what was expected of them and he made some very questionable decisions.  Deciding Ramsey wasn't right for him and then sidelining Ozil.   Playing players such as Torreira out of their favoured positions.

It was getting painful by the end and its good that the  club has put him (and us) out of his misery.

Freddie Ljungberg to take charge on an interim basis.  Even if he does well he will have to be gone by February as he doesn't have the full management qualification

zoony

Quote from: döm on November 29, 2019, 11:39:09 amSo Unai Emery is gone. He started brightly enough but really lost his way.  Players didn't seem to know what was expected of them and he made some very questionable decisions.  Deciding Ramsey wasn't right for him and then sidelining Ozil.  Playing players such as Torreira out of their favoured positions.

It was getting painful by the end and its good that the  club has put him (and us) out of his misery.

Freddie Ljungberg to take charge on an interim basis.  Even if he does well he will have to be gone by February as he doesn't have the full management qualification
Why is it that 95% of football fans can see as plain as the nose on your face what is wrong with a football team, yet the managers/head coaches on incredible salaries can't?!

döm

Quote from: zoony on November 30, 2019, 13:55:29 pmWhy is it that 95% of football fans can see as plain as the nose on your face what is wrong with a football team, yet the managers/head coaches on incredible salaries can't?!
Yes hard to fathom. Wood for the trees maybe?

I think in Emery's case communication was an issue too. His English wasn't great and he apparently went into great detail and very often lost the players. Really makes you wonder how he got appointed in the first place.

Let's see how Freddie takes to management...

zoony

Quote from: döm on December 01, 2019, 12:33:07 pmYes hard to fathom. Wood for the trees maybe?

I think in Emery's case communication was an issue too. His English wasn't great and he apparently went into great detail and very often lost the players. Really makes you wonder how he got appointed in the first place.

Let's see how Freddie takes to management...
I heard that Allegri had been interviewed for the job before they appointed Emery, but they weren't keen on him because he was too hard line. I would say that's exactly the kind of manager that they need!

Matt2112

And now Arsenal have drawn the MIGHTY WHITES in the FA Cup.  Should be a corker. :)
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: zoony on December 02, 2019, 02:42:22 amI heard that Allegri had been interviewed for the job before they appointed Emery, but they weren't keen on him because he was too hard line. I would say that's exactly the kind of manager that they need!
on paper I think he would be a great choice but his English is not great and that was one of the problems Emery had

zoony

Quote from: döm on December 01, 2019, 12:33:07 pmLet's see how Freddie takes to management...
I see Paul Scholes wasn't very impressed with the way he turned up dressed to his first match in charge.

döm

Quote from: zoony on December 03, 2019, 12:16:45 pmI see Paul Scholes wasn't very impressed with the way he turned up dressed to his first match in charge.
Yes saw that, bit of a pathetic criticism imo.  He would have been better off moaning about the lack of defensive structure and the decision to pick Mustafi.

Bez

Scholes is hardly Beckham when it comes to sartorial elegance...I reckon he could take a £5000 suit and make it look like he'd borrowed it from a tramp....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%