General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

You seem to be labouring under the illusion that these clubs are making a profit Andy and lining the pockets of the board/owners? I don't think that is the case for most clubs throughout the football leagues?

zoony

Quote from: Pudders on October 19, 2012, 17:55:07 pm
You seem to be labouring under the illusion that these clubs are making a profit Andy and lining the pockets of the board/owners? I don't think that is the case for most clubs throughout the football leagues?

He's in his own little world Pudders  ;).

Andy42g

Quote from: Pudders on October 19, 2012, 17:55:07 pm

I only really have a beef with the Premiership and am well aware that many of the lower league clubs are suffering terribly.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Matt2112

Quote from: Andy42g on October 19, 2012, 14:27:59 pm
Yeah - but sorry you are picking a very poor argument as my bike for instance was cheaper than the one before it as bike prices have generally decreased due parts been made in the Far East. Plus it was bought on bike to work and in a sale (see how that works - I got it cheap). Then on top of that it saves me a fiver a day plus in petrol every day and pays for itself, keeps me fit and healthy and I'm not tied to buying replica kit for it every 6 months.
EDIT: and plus to go see live pro cycling in Manchester velodrome which we are going to do three times this winter is £15 a ticket.

It's £13.00 at The Shay.  ;)

QuoteWelll... I used to go see a lot of football but don't bother because of what football has become - same with my partner. I do quite like the game itself - just not the "game" as it exists. I also have a son and daughter who would love to go see lots of football games but forking out £100 a time is out of the question - we do other stuff which is not quite such a fecking rip off.

It's £13.00 at The Shay.  ;)  ;)

QuoteDiscussion. It's an opinion. This is a discussion thread. You don't like my opinion - fine.  You like to bury you head in the sand - fine. But you can do something about it (football) - which is my point really.

Yes - like coming down The Shay.

It's only £13.00.

;)  ;D
The keys to happiness

Andy42g

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 23, 2012, 17:20:18 pm
Yes - like coming down The Shay.
It's only £13.00.

How much are the pies?

Matt2112

Quote from: Andy42g on October 24, 2012, 13:45:58 pm
How much are the pies?

:)

Not sure - but I do know the catering facilities are outsourced by Calderdale Council, so the food and drink is poor value for money and the revenue does not go to the club; hence I never go with an empty stomach.  :-\
The keys to happiness

Andy42g

Heard quite a lot about football on the radio this weekend. Seemed to be mainly about racism, diving and bad refereeing. Such a fine sport. :)

zoony

Quote from: Andy42g on October 28, 2012, 21:12:23 pm
Heard quite a lot about football on the radio this weekend. Seemed to be mainly about racism, diving and bad refereeing. Such a fine sport. :)

All I've heard about cycling in the last few weeks is about a drug taking cheat who has shamed the credibility of the sport  :).

Andy42g

October 29, 2012, 14:29:42 pm #38 Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 14:41:33 pm by Andy42g
Quote from: zoony on October 28, 2012, 23:09:11 pm
All I've heard about cycling in the last few weeks is about a drug taking cheat who has shamed the credibility of the sport  :).

I'd noticed this a well. Shocking isn't it?
Do they test for EPO in football?

zoony

Any comments on the new yellow football used at the weekend? Apparantly it's the most visible ball ever.

colinbrown69

The best football in the world,

apparently,

so the ads all say,

so it must be true,

cheers, Colin
green man...................wembley 8th sep
prem lodge...................n.e.c 11th sept
moon under water.........m.e.n 12 sept
solid rock.....................s.e.c.c 14th sept

Suddenly - You were gone from all the lives you left your mark upon
I remember - How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
Ian

Andy42g

Quote from: zoony on October 29, 2012, 22:02:34 pm
Any comments on the new yellow football used at the weekend? Apparantly it's the most visible ball ever.

If they dressed all the players in that new yellow then the linesmen could notice offsides? And same for the the ref with dives.

zoony

Quote from: colinbrown69 on October 30, 2012, 03:25:17 am
The best football in the world,

apparently,

so the ads all say,

so it must be true,

cheers, Colin

Yes Colin, it must be  ;).

Andy42g

Miking up the referees so we can all hears what's being said on the pitch? Seems a good idea to stop all the disrespect that seems to be currently prevalent on the fiield of 'play'.
Imagine that... either all matches would have to be 18 certificate for the language or the players may actually learn some discipline. The sponsors would soon step in...
Rugby does it - but then again that has a culture of respect for authority. Imagine that: respect in, and for, football? What a revelation.

döm

Quote from: Andy42g on October 31, 2012, 13:14:14 pm
Miking up the referees so we can all hears what's being said on the pitch? Seems a good idea to stop all the disrespect that seems to be currently prevalent on the fiield of 'play'.
Imagine that... either all matches would have to be 18 certificate for the language or the players may actually learn some discipline. The sponsors would soon step in...
Rugby does it - but then again that has a culture of respect for authority. Imagine that: respect in, and for, football? What a revelation.

Rugby - that's the sport where eye gouging occurs and players put blood capsules in their mouths to simulate bleeding.   Yes football would do well to follow that sport  ::)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!