"Eddie Yates" dies

Started by zoony, July 28, 2012, 20:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

July 28, 2012, 20:42:41 pm Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 20:45:06 pm by zoony
Sad to see that the actor Geoffrey Hughes passed away yesterday after a battle with cancer. Probably best known for his role as Lovable binman Eddie Yates in Coronation street, and also as Onslow in Keeping up appearances. RIP Geoffrey. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/coronation-street-star-geoffrey-hughes-dies-aged-68-7984841.html

Richard_2112

Very sad to learn of his passing. One of the very finest character actors this country has ever produced and he will be missed very much indeed. RIP.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

captainkurtz

Eddie Yates was brilliantly portrayed.

RIP
Anger is a gift.

Slim

Seemed like a lovely bloke and did enjoy him in Corrie all those years ago, when he lived with Stan and Hilda.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on July 30, 2012, 23:58:48 pm
Seemed like a lovely bloke and did enjoy him in Corrie all those years ago, when he lived with Stan and Hilda.

:)

Coronation Street was part of the cultural fabric back then.  Does anyone still watch it these days.  :-\
Anger is a gift.

mickpaz2112

Stardust lil said over the CB airways she was devasted.

R.I.P. Geoffrey.
Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Bez

First came to my attention as Selwyn Froggat....brilliant stuff
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Pudders

Quote from: Bez on July 31, 2012, 09:08:57 am
First came to my attention as Selwyn Froggat....brilliant stuff

Bill Maynard?

Matt2112

I do remember him fondly in Corrie.  He was perfectly cast as Twiggy in The Royle Family also; when he compliments the "nice buffet" without the "t" being silent, that always has me in stitches. :)
The keys to happiness

Bez

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%