ENGLAND

Started by zoony, July 23, 2012, 13:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Quote from: döm on March 29, 2019, 10:11:37 am

Is that not the same as saying people shouldn't like England because of the rascist p****s who abused Sterling and Aubemenyang this season (just 2 examples to hand)?

I could put it a different way mate. ALL countries and ALL football teams have an element of fans who behave this way. Very difficult to stop.

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Wot?  No Women's World Cup posts?

Gallant England undone in the semi-final by an impressive USA side, who it must be admitted were better in every department.

And I mean...every department.  ;)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 03, 2019, 09:12:14 amWot?  No Women's World Cup posts?

Gallant England undone in the semi-final by an impressive USA side, who it must be admitted were better in every department.

And I mean...every department.  ;)
I watched a few bits...the standard is poor to these eyes, much in the same way that Championship 2 is poor (apart from Ellen White, who looks like a real talent). I'm glad they did well, but it's not worthy of my time at this stage....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on July 03, 2019, 21:06:17 pmI watched a few bits...the standard is poor to these eyes, much in the same way that Championship 2 is poor (apart from Ellen White, who looks like a real talent). I'm glad they did well, but it's not worthy of my time at this stage....
Agree with that mate. Good luck to them, but I'm afraid it's not for me.

Matt2112

SEXISTS!!!1!!  ;)  :D

Completely understand those who don't find it good to watch, but I'm enjoying it, I suppose in the same way I can't be arsed with county cricket but enjoy watching England etc.

So I get it; I mean, who for example would mostly forgo watching Premier League football to regularly take in games, say, four levels below? 

Oh....  ;D
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 04, 2019, 09:15:53 amSEXISTS!!!1!!  ;)  :D

Completely understand those who don't find it good to watch, but I'm enjoying it, I suppose in the same way I can't be arsed with county cricket but enjoy watching England etc.

So I get it; I mean, who for example would mostly forgo watching Premier League football to regularly take in games, say, four levels below?

Oh....  ;D
That's exactly how it is mate. I very rarely watch lower league football on the TV. I did enjoy coming to see Halifax at Kidderminster with you and Noel though 😉.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on July 04, 2019, 10:16:59 amThat's exactly how it is mate. I very rarely watch lower league football on the TV. I did enjoy coming to see Halifax at Kidderminster with you and Noel though 😉.
Cracking day was that, Rob, and we won into the bargain.  8)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 04, 2019, 09:15:53 amSEXISTS!!!1!!  ;)  :D

Oh....  ;D
I rarely watch any football on the telly - there's just too much of it, so why would I bother to watch a sub-standard product when I have access to European football, EPL etc...doesn't make me sexist. Just means that I have a life :p

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on July 05, 2019, 08:19:57 amI rarely watch any football on the telly - there's just too much of it, so why would I bother to watch a sub-standard product when I have access to European football, EPL etc...doesn't make me sexist. Just means that I have a life :p
Absolutely, I'm in complete agreement...but try telling the oh-so-worthy new wave feminists that. :)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 05, 2019, 14:33:32 pmAbsolutely, I'm in complete agreement...but try telling the oh-so-worthy new wave feminists that. :)
It's a good thing  Lucy isn't coming to he TNMS meet today....not that she's a feminista - new wave or otherwise I hasten to add....she does have firm views on footie!

zoony

After all the fuss and palava, the ladies football team finished 4th when they are ranked 3rd in the world, and finished 3rd in the last world cup. So they've under achieved then basically.

Matt2112

Apart from a stirring 10 minute spell they were poor against Sweden.

Got to say the level of passing and decision-making was particularly exasperating in this game, particularly at crucial moments (remind you of anyone? ;) ).

That said, the 3rd-place play-off is a glorified friendly with virtually nothing at stake, so it's slightly more forgivable.
The keys to happiness