ENGLAND

Started by zoony, July 23, 2012, 13:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Star

Quote from: mickpaz2112 on October 17, 2012, 19:24:50 pm
Do you think he is innocent Chris?

If I'm honest I'm not sure. He is certainly guilty of racist remarks in the heat of the moment but does that make him a racist?
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Bez

Anyway - back to football....we were shit tonight, couldn't pass, couldn't keep possession, had no imagination and Hart dropped a complete bollock for the Poland goal....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on October 17, 2012, 22:56:01 pm
Anyway - back to football....we were shit tonight, couldn't pass, couldn't keep possession, had no imagination and Hart dropped a complete bollock for the Poland goal....

Didn't see it Bez, but I suppose a draw over there can't be a bad result, as we're not good enough to be expected to win at places like that anymore  :-\.

Pudders

Quote from: Bez on October 17, 2012, 22:56:01 pm
and Hart dropped a complete bollock for the Poland goal....

It was more a case of getting nowhere near the bollock!

Bez

Quote from: zoony on October 17, 2012, 23:00:06 pm
Didn't see it Bez, but I suppose a draw over there can't be a bad result, as we're not good enough to be expected to win at places like that anymore  :-\.

Terrible result, mate. Poland aren't that good, even at home.... :(

Bez

Quote from: Pudders on October 17, 2012, 23:19:46 pm
It was more a case of getting nowhere near the bollock!

Indeed, we were shouting at the telly for him not to come - he was never going to get near it....at least he had the balls to admit it was his mistake, although Lescott was poor in his attempt at a challenge...

Nicola B

I listened to the first half on the radio on the way home from work. If I had a £ for every time they said 'ball given away by Carrick' I would have had a nice little earner.

Not good at all...
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

Matt2112

October 18, 2012, 11:44:03 am #37 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:47:41 am by Matt2112
Quote from: Bez on October 17, 2012, 22:56:01 pmwe were shit tonight, couldn't pass, couldn't keep possession, had no imagination

I'd keep this on a clipboard.  It's been like that for years, there's no desire and motivation when they know that regardless of how they perform for England in any game or competition, at the end of the month they'll still be £500,000 better off.

Plus, technically they are way, waaaaaayy behind the cream of world football and our "best" players, like Rooney for example, look exponentially more mediocre with each passing year.

Can't be arsed with them.
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Bez on October 18, 2012, 01:17:11 am
Terrible result, mate. Poland aren't that good, even at home.... :(

Just backs up my point that we aren't as good as we think we are mate.

zoony

After the disgraceful scenes in Serbia with the u-21s the other night, the FA have rightly complained to UEFA, but after Liverpool and Chelsea's decisions to take next to no action over Suarez and Terry, are we not being a bit hypocritical over the whole matter?

Andrew_Haldane

October 19, 2012, 20:34:27 pm #40 Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 20:53:50 pm by Bisto
Who is this "we" Rob? The F.A. are the governing body not the clubs themselves.
The F.A. should be above club politics and protectionism and have to set the tone which they did with both of those players. In both cases those 2  are the most important/influential at their respective clubs, if either had been a junior squad member they would have fined them and put them in their place I'm absolutely certain of it!
As for the international racist problem in football I can't see it being dealt with propely with Blatter and Platini at the helm of the two biggest regulatory bodies. Serbia should be expelled and banned from international competition for 10 years. That would prove FIFA and UEFA are serious about the problem! England might make it to a major finals if every country with racist fans and players were expelled... Spain would be out for a start!

döm

Quote from: Bisto on October 19, 2012, 20:34:27 pm
Who is this "we" Rob? The F.A. are the governing body not the clubs themselves.
The F.A. should be above club politics and protectionism and have to set the tone which they did with both of those players. In both cases those 2  are the most important/influential at their respective clubs, if either had been a junior squad member they would have fined them and put them in their place I'm absolutely certain of it!
As for the international racist problem in football I can't see it being dealt with propely with Blatter and Platini at the helm of the two biggest regulatory bodies. Serbia should be expelled and banned from international competition for 10 years. That would prove FIFA and UEFA are serious about the problem! England might make it to a major finals if every country with racist fans and players were expelled... Spain would be out for a start!

I agree that some sort of ban is in order but 10 years is excessive.  i think that would lead to feelings of persecution in Serbia and probably to even more and stronger hatred for outsiders. A better result would be for Serbian society to realise the evil of racism.  The instigation of a kick racism out campaign needs to be started and proof of how serious the Serbian FA are in making it work would need to be proven before they can return to international football.

The fact that the Serbian FA have completely denied any wrong-doing sows we have a long way to go to achieve that.  Exiling them certainy won't help though.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Andrew_Haldane

Zero tolerance would be my approach, its simply unacceptable! Where else in the real world could you get away with televised mass, rampant racism?

döm

Quote from: Bisto on October 19, 2012, 22:43:32 pm
Zero tolerance would be my approach, its simply unacceptable! Where else in the real world could you get away with televised mass, rampant racism?

It wasn't that long ago it was just as prevalent in the UK.  Punishment needs to be handed out but its even more important that societies  free themselves from racsim and all other intolerances.  If UEFA/FIFA can have a part to play in that it is to be applauded.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Andrew_Haldane

October 19, 2012, 23:41:38 pm #44 Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 23:52:02 pm by Bisto
So in the meantime non white players just have to run the gauntlet and turn the other cheek? Why should they? Do you really think countries like Serbia will ever be reformed? How long is it acceptable to wait then?