ENGLAND

Started by zoony, July 23, 2012, 13:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Totally agree with what the pundits said on the highlights show last night, that San Marino and the other minnows should be made to have play-offs before they go into the qualification groups. They're about as good as my village team that I watched playing today!

Red Star

Quote from: zoony on October 13, 2012, 22:58:30 pm
Totally agree with what the pundits said on the highlights show last night, that San Marino and the other minnows should be made to have play-offs before they go into the qualification groups. They're about as good as my village team that I watched playing today!

Yes, I agree with what Gareth Southgate said ''what is the point of San Marino''?
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

zoony

Quote from: Red Star on October 14, 2012, 10:35:42 am
Yes, I agree with what Gareth Southgate said ''what is the point of San Marino''?

Yes Chris. No disrespect to them, but they're not getting any better, and are unlikely to either.

mickpaz2112

Quote from: Red Star on October 14, 2012, 10:35:42 am
He was great with Mahogany Rush :P
Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

JonL

The last time I gave a toss about England was in the last century, but I watched a short extract of the game.
I saw the 3/4 and 5th goals, and I couldn't help think, is that it? Just 5 against a glorified pub team.
I know they don't want to risk injury and all that, but I thought it was not an impressive scoreline at all.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

mickpaz2112

I've seen United,
That's enough.

döm

Quote from: mickpaz2112 on October 16, 2012, 20:37:53 pm
What a farce.

Both with the national team and the U21s.  Hopefully Serbia will be kicked out of European competition for a while
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

cygnusxdave

Can't really blame the U21's for what happened earlier. Serbia (and other eastern European countries) have a history of racial abuse to visiting black players. You could say it was foolish and naive of Danny Rose to react the way he did at the final whistle, but Serbia should be hit with a ban. It may be the only way that the Serbian FA will take action to combat the racism in their football fans.

The debacle in Warsaw tonight was completely avoidable. The stadium had a roof but the Poles didn't want it closed (apparently both teams have to agree that the roof is closed). Again, FIFA should take action as the travelling England fans are seriously out of pocket. Conspiracy theories will abound concerning the absence of Poland's best player and his availability for a future match. This seems to have backfired as the match will now be played at 4pm (UK time) tomorrow (17/10)
I talk to planets, Baby!

Pudders

My reading of the regulations for the competition is that the FIFA Match Delegate has the power to make the final decision on whether the roof is closed or not:

"If a stadium has a retractable roof, the FIFA match commissioner, in consultation with the referee and the two teams' officials, shall decide before the match whether the roof shall be open or closed during the match."

(Yes, I was that bored I looked the regulations up ::) )

döm

Some shocking stuff went on after the u21s victory in Serbbia.

Martin Thomas, left, a member of the England Under-21 coaching staff, is headbutted by Serbia's Andrija Milutinovic after England's win.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

mickpaz2112

We took a racist to the Euros in the summer.
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Paul Sheehan

Have England gone up in the FIFA rankings after last nights non match?  ::) :-\ :)
"Yes, actually my Dad's name was Billy Sheehan"

Red Star

Quote from: mickpaz2112 on October 17, 2012, 08:20:08 am
We took a racist to the Euros in the summer.

Do you mean Terry Mick? Wasn't he found not guilty in a court of law of being a racist?
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

mickpaz2112

Quote from: Red Star on October 17, 2012, 17:52:07 pm
Do you mean Terry Mick? Wasn't he found not guilty in a court of law of being a racist?
Do you think he is innocent Chris?
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Andrew_Haldane

If hes so innocent why doesn't Terry sue Anton for defamation?