Author Topic: ENGLAND  (Read 28794 times)

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
ENGLAND
« on: July 23, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
Thought I'd start a new thread about the England team as the last one was based on the EURO12 tournament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18951264

Sorry mate, we need to build our future on youth, and I can't see what you've got to offer the national side?

zoony

• TNMS Member
Re: ENGLAND
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
Yes, a good start to the campaign winning 5-0 in Moldova last night, but we're still not trying to build for the future by getting a squad of youngsters in and targeting the WC of 2018 as being when we're ready to perhaps compete with the  top teams. Yes, the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Terry etc are all good enough to be included at this moment in time, but it's been proved before that they're not up to winning anything with England, and they won't at the next WC either. They'll be well past it in 2018, so why not start from scratch, like the Spanish did, and build from the bottom with youth. You can't blame Hodgson, he's just thinking about his own results, it's down to the FA to give the manager a blueprint of what they should be doing, telling the manager that there's no pressure on him to get results while he builds a squad of youngsters who are going to be competitive in 5-7 years time. Will it ever happen though? I can't see it, as all they're interested in is chasing glory in the here and now, and with what we've got right now, that ain't going to happen. Frustrated and disappointed.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 21:53:10 PM »
Yes, a good start to the campaign winning 5-0 in Moldova last night, but we're still not trying to build for the future by getting a squad of youngsters in and targeting the WC of 2018 as being when we're ready to perhaps compete with the  top teams. Yes, the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Terry etc are all good enough to be included at this moment in time, but it's been proved before that they're not up to winning anything with England, and they won't at the next WC either. They'll be well past it in 2018, so why not start from scratch, like the Spanish did, and build from the bottom with youth. You can't blame Hodgson, he's just thinking about his own results, it's down to the FA to give the manager a blueprint of what they should be doing, telling the manager that there's no pressure on him to get results while he builds a squad of youngsters who are going to be competitive in 5-7 years time. Will it ever happen though? I can't see it, as all they're interested in is chasing glory in the here and now, and with what we've got right now, that ain't going to happen. Frustrated and disappointed.

I think he's got it about right to be honest....players like Cleverly & Chamberlain should be around for a while, Hart & Rooney and maybe Young are young enough to be playing in 2018 and if the likes of ; Wilshire, Jones, Smalling, Walker etc can get themselves fit they'll be challenging for spots....

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 20:32:04 PM »
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/england-call-for-lallana-361734.aspx

So Woy must have been watching our players as well when he was at St. Mary's last sunday....

Lucy

• TNMS Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 20:55:50 PM »
Going to this tomorrow.  8)
Cut to the chase

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 20:51:57 PM »
Baines and Johnson's positioning was dreadful in that first half.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 21:58:51 PM »
Mmm, a fair result, and Ukraine look like they can challenge all the way to win the group. I'm sure I heard Woy say to the ref "That was disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful" as he came off. Sorry Woy, I thought he had a good game and got the big calls spot on. Johnson is a good right winger, it's a pity we can't find a right back who can play at right back and defend properly though.

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:16:06 AM »
Overall I thought we shaded it last night and would have won but for squandered chances by Cleverley. Thank goodness for super Frank though stepping up under pressure and hammering home that point saving penalty. No player has converted more penalties for England than him.

Thats no good going forward though, we can't keep relying on the old guard to get us out of the shit.

I thought the ref had a good game too Zoons - Defoe did foul the Ukraine player with his hand (although he made a meal of it) and Wellbeck should have been booked for that fake dive to try and con a penalty.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 18:34:54 PM »
After another 2 goals, an assist and an impressive all round performance today against Aston villa, surely Rickie Lambert must be close to a call up?

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 20:58:12 PM »
John Terry has apparently retired from international football.  He sees his position in the national team as untenable as the FA continues to pursue the racism charge against him.

Jumping before being pushed, per chance ?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 20:59:05 PM »
Sounds like they'll charge him then

Paul Sheehan

• TNMS Member
  • POSTS 8736222
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 21:29:23 PM »
John who?
"Yes, actually my Dad's name was Billy Sheehan"

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 22:06:02 PM »
Quite surprised by that, didn't think he was the type to quit.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 23:07:47 PM »
Quite surprised by that, didn't think he was the type to quit.
He's the sort to get sacked though.

Didn't think the thick twat would be smart enough to guit though...
Legend in my own Mind

Red Star

• TNMS Member
  • For I have dined on Honeydew...
    • audit my debts
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 19:39:20 PM »
So, England beat the worst international side in the world 5-0 at Wembley. Not that anyone cares by the look of it though. :-\ Poland away should be bit of a sterner test on tuesday.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...