"Shit" tickets

Started by zoony, May 16, 2012, 19:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola B

Quote from: Tim W. on May 17, 2012, 14:56:41 pm
But you're a girl. I didn't see any girls and believe me I was looking!

Small world 'n' that

There were 1 or 2 of us back then.... ;)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

MickW

Quote from: NeilP on May 17, 2012, 17:46:40 pm
I have a 50 Mb cable broadband package, live 100 yds from an exchange and got feck all at 9:00am tbh

I had a 10Gb backlink and saw good tickets disappear in the blink of an eye... and I was at work (an ISP admittedly) and just about managed to get something fairly decent. Hopefully people will have some luck on Friday.

Announcing the tour dates on Monday and the presale 2 days later was complete b****cks.
When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave...

Neilyyz

Agreed Mick W the whole pre sale thing has been a complete shambles. The Berlin pre sale was announced 2 hours before it started and the UK wasn't much better.
However a good post from BaldiePete regarding GMT has shed some light on how some are "luckier" than others shall we say.
Have I got this right when I say that the pre sale started at 9am GMT which was actually before the Ticketline counter had reached zero as it was out of sinc with GMT.

3rdday

I suppose it depends on your expectations. I had expected that if I went for the "fanclub" pre-sale the very second that it opened (yes, I do have fast broadband and no, I didn't wait for the timer on my screen to reach zero) that I would have at least a reasonable chance of getting a ticket somewhere in the first few rows. I mean, there can't be that many of us, can there? If that didn't work out then I think something a little further back in the front blocks would have been the minimum. (Having actually got a good ticket in my basket I also think it would have been reasonable to expect to be able to pay for it, but that's another thing.) So, to get through the whole frustrating/depressing day with zilch until I saw a link to theticketfactory posted by someone else, which got me a ticket about 40 rows back was definitely disappointing and below expectations.

I try not to jealous of those who repeatedly get right near the front for multiple gigs, but it's difficult ...

Nulli Secundus

Quote from: 3rdday on May 17, 2012, 20:41:23 pm
I suppose it depends on your expectations. I had expected that if I went for the "fanclub" pre-sale the very second that it opened (yes, I do have fast broadband and no, I didn't wait for the timer on my screen to reach zero) that I would have at least a reasonable chance of getting a ticket somewhere in the first few rows. I mean, there can't be that many of us, can there? If that didn't work out then I think something a little further back in the front blocks would have been the minimum. (Having actually got a good ticket in my basket I also think it would have been reasonable to expect to be able to pay for it, but that's another thing.) So, to get through the whole frustrating/depressing day with zilch until I saw a link to theticketfactory posted by someone else, which got me a ticket about 40 rows back was definitely disappointing and below expectations.

I try not to jealous of those who repeatedly get right near the front for multiple gigs, but it's difficult ...

I totally agree. I was the same.
Advertising is the rattling of the stick in the swill bucket

zoony

Quote from: jarvo on May 16, 2012, 22:28:47 pm
I'm sorry ive got to respond.
The pre sale was ********** to say the least
The best i got at the O2 was A2 row V £83

Surely you can't say that is shit mate? That is closer than me and Ian in B1, and we're delighted with ours!

zoony

Quote from: Tim W. on May 17, 2012, 14:38:11 pm
I've done my fair share of moaning over the last 24 hours about 'shit' tickets but I think Zoony's right (and he's a member of the Stourbridge/Kidderminster ubermeisters so he must be given credit!).

Lol, and who else is in that gang then Tim?

zoony

Quote from: Neilyyz on May 17, 2012, 16:09:55 pm

PS.
Welcome back to the Premier League Zoony.

Thank you Neil, very kind of you  :).

Craig Smith

Quote from: MickW on May 17, 2012, 18:57:42 pm
I had a 10Gb backlink and saw good tickets disappear in the blink of an eye... and I was at work (an ISP admittedly) and just about managed to get something fairly decent. Hopefully people will have some luck on Friday.

Announcing the tour dates on Monday and the presale 2 days later was complete b****cks.

I get 4mb (on a good day) and got 2nd row Glasgow.  :-\
His visions lifelike and full of imagination,
it's strange to think they came from such a tiny head.

BaldiePete

It was probably more to do with timing, the fact that I was only looking for one ticket and good luck, rather than internet connection speed that got me a good ticket. Mind you  I was setup like this on Wednesday morning.   ::)

Bez

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 17, 2012, 23:43:50 pm
It was probably more to do with timing, the fact that I was only looking for one ticket and good luck, rather than internet connection speed that got me a good ticket. Mind you  I was setup like this on Wednesday morning.   ::)

Pah !

My setup was far bigger than that....I had a gig's worth of internet at my fingertips...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Tim W.

Quote from: zoony on May 17, 2012, 21:09:22 pm
Lol, and who else is in that gang then Tim?

I suspect there are various covert operatives now scattered throughout the country... I'm from that area until I left to come and live in Scotland 8 years ago. I've always had a sneaky suspicion that I might actually know some some of you. Similar orbits often coincide...

NeilP

I was after one ticket and still poor reward, pot luck then?

Matt2112

Just looked at the O2 seat map - I'm in block 112 (the very first section) seat 385 and from the map it looks a bit too "side-on" to me.  :-\  Any London O2 seating experts know this to be the case..?
The keys to happiness

NeilP

you'll see the back of Pratt's head