"Shit" tickets

Started by zoony, May 16, 2012, 19:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola B

My tickets aren't bad and now I have them I am fairly happy. Problem is as a couple of others have said is that being not the tallest person its sh*t if you pay £75 for a ticket and spend the whole time looking at the back of someones head. Would be more than happy in the second block back if I could actually see anything. Unless I'm in the first 10 - 12 rows I really struggle.

My gripe this time was the struggle to try and get tickets, it was soul destroying.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

Tony Johnson

To me a S#*! ticket would be the one behind the chap with an album cover jammed on his bonce...
So long and thanks for all the fish...

Tim W.

I've done my fair share of moaning over the last 24 hours about 'shit' tickets but I think Zoony's right (and he's a member of the Stourbridge/Kidderminster ubermeisters so he must be given credit!).

I guess the 'worst' rush ticket I ever got was for the Stafford Bingley Hall on the 'semi-spheres' dates back in September 1979. I was 14 and it was the first real gig I'd even gone to (ever been allowed to go to). I was completely overawed and got stuck half way back on a huge flat floor. I don't think I saw much at all. That should have been the shittiest ticket of my Rush-going career but was it? Feck no! - Still the best gig of my life I guess.

Maybe it's time to stop getting worried/annoyed and to start getting excited...

Nicola B

I was there to....

"Maybe it's time to stop getting worried/annoyed and to start getting excited"

Good point.... ;)

Tim W.

Quote from: Nicola B on May 17, 2012, 14:48:57 pm
I was there to....

But you're a girl. I didn't see any girls and believe me I was looking!

Small world 'n' that

Rob Barchetta

Quote from: Oor Wullie on May 17, 2012, 14:26:36 pm
The last UK tour before R30 was Roll The Bones in 1992 mate. ;)

That'll be the one then, thanks.
Havent missed a tour since '78 but must admit some of them are more of a blurr than others....  ???
Can't get enough of that long hair music...

Neilyyz

I agree with Zoony completely on this one. I have noted that the definition of a "Shit" ticket seems to be from people who have had front row or as close as front row tickets in the past. Stafford Bingley Hall was my first Rush gig as a 15 year old boy. I was in a similar situation to Tim W in that my parents were worried about me travelling from Newcastle on me own. I only got the nod because me "Big brother" was going as well.
Now that was a "Shit" ticket. I was a lot smaller than I am now (both height and width) and cant recall seeing much at all. I do recall getting crushed a lot though. However I came out of the gig thinking it was the greatest show I had ever seen because it was my first Rush experience despite the "shit ticket".
I missed the start of the presale for the last tour as I could not get away from work. I ended up getting so called "shit tickets" for 5 of the UK shows. Brum was the only one I missed. The closest tickets were block 103 row H at Manc. I was absolutely gutted and actually lost sleep when I read on here about some of the cracking tickets people had, thinking about what might have been had I not had to go to work that day. However as the months approached I spent a lot of time trawling e bay and the likes and occasionally popping back to the respective venues websites and ended up getting 9th row centre for Sheff and 3rd row Geds side for Newc, and 8th row centre for Glasgow. I then had to sell my "shit tickets" and actually made a loss on some of them. I hope that the people who bought them from me enjoyed the shows from their "shit seats".
I suppose its like everything else in life in that once you have a taste of the best anything less has a slight bitter taste. I am not accusing anyone on here of being greedy/selfish as I put myself in the same boat. Its human nature and I am as guilty as the next man/woman.

Just a quick note on the pre sale, I can say without doubt that the tickets you got were pure pot luck. I was sitting in front of my computer and had the laptop next to me as a standby switched on and ready for 9am. As far as I am concerned the website opened at different times on different peoples computers and I have evidence to show this. It is all down to your download speed, how far you are away from the exchange, the speed of your computer etc. When I was waiting for the countdown, "Ticketlines" countdown on my screen was 11 seconds ahead of the countown on my laptop. Despite numerous refreshes of the website in the 20 minutes leading up to 9am my laptop countdown was 11 seconds slower than my main computer. What is to say that I was not 20 seconds slower than VT or anyone else who managed to bag "none shit tickets". How do we know I was not ahead of everyone else. I know that where I live I am a long way from the exchange and have a very poor download speed of less than 2 meg but It would appear that on this occasion I may have been ahead of some peoples computers by a few seconds as I got some good tickets this time.
Block 115 row 7 Manc
Block A2  row 2 Lond
Block C row 2 Sheff
Block GG row 4 Glasg
Block 216 row 3 Berlin.

captainkurtz

Thats a really good post.
Anger is a gift.

Neilyyz

Thank You Captain.

I forgot to put on the bottom of me post.

PS.
Welcome back to the Premier League Zoony.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 17, 2012, 15:52:01 pm
Thats a really good post.

I agree, a very good overview now the dust has settled. A bit.  :)
The keys to happiness

NeilP

I have a 50 Mb cable broadband package, live 100 yds from an exchange and got feck all at 9:00am tbh

Jonners

My Vic 20 Pc and dial up got two block B row t seats at 9am, go figure...
The new songs are an abomination

Lyth

Quote from: Neilyyz on May 17, 2012, 15:48:16 pm
Just a quick note on the pre sale, I can say without doubt that the tickets you got were pure pot luck. I was sitting in front of my computer and had the laptop next to me as a standby switched on and ready for 9am. As far as I am concerned the website opened at different times on different peoples computers and I have evidence to show this. It is all down to your download speed, how far you are away from the exchange, the speed of your computer etc. When I was waiting for the countdown, "Ticketlines" countdown on my screen was 11 seconds ahead of the countown on my laptop. Despite numerous refreshes of the website in the 20 minutes leading up to 9am my laptop countdown was 11 seconds slower than my main computer. What is to say that I was not 20 seconds slower than VT or anyone else who managed to bag "none shit tickets". How do we know I was not ahead of everyone else. I know that where I live I am a long way from the exchange and have a very poor download speed of less than 2 meg but It would appear that on this occasion I may have been ahead of some peoples computers by a few seconds as I got some good tickets this time.

:)

This is true.

Total pot luck.

On our computer at 09.00 the 'Ticketline' site said 1 minute to go on the countdown.

Mrs Lyth (who was doing the buying in my absence) thought "feck that, it's Nine O'clock" and hit the LG Arena button and was able to get front row tickets straight away.

On the other hand, my brother went on at bang on 09.00 (on both his computer and the countdown) for Manchester tickets, hit the MEN button and Arena A and everything froze. He ended up getting tickets for halfway back.

A total lottery.

BaldiePete

I was timing it against the clock on this site.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/europe/uk/time/

Sales went live at 9:00:00 precisely, when the counter on Ticketline was still at something like 50 seconds. I also have a 50Mb download/5Mb upload Virgin cable connection which means I got in and got a response from them very quickly.

Nicola B

I waited for the countdown clock and then got distracted by someone at work, delaying me by another 30 seconds....then no doubt got stuck in the bun fight... :-\