Game of Thrones

Started by Andy42g, April 03, 2012, 11:31:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

I tend to watch for the late night repeats and always set them for "keep"....that way there's less clashes and if there is the "keep" takes precedence    ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Andy42g

Quote from: Bez on May 03, 2012, 13:00:50 pm
I tend to watch for the late night repeats and always set them for "keep"....that way there's less clashes and if there is the "keep" takes precedence    ;)

Top tip with the "keep" option and clashes. I think it's because I've not activated something on my (basic) HD package sign up on the new box.  Although I can see and record terrestrial HD and I wasn't actually trying to record Sky (Atlantic) HD. Ho hum.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Jonners

May 10, 2012, 12:44:41 pm #17 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:49:04 pm by Jonners
Apologies for those with sky problems, but this series is absolutely brilliant!

This weeks episode was immense, Theon Greyjoy taking Winterfell with the IronMen, and the beheading scene were brilliant

The wildling lass getting her kit off was a welcome bonus, and Roos Bolton and his bastard son made an appearance (which is not good news for Theon as anyone who has read the books will testify!)

EDIT: she is played by this lass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Tena who also plays Tonks in the Harry Potter movies, so for the HP geeks, I reckon this is at least the 3rd cast member that has got her fanny out in public (Julie Walters and Hermione on her 18th beimng the others that I know of. I imagine there will be more. Im off to do some research!)

I love it, I can only pray that interest remains high and they keep making the next few books
The new songs are an abomination

Andy42g

Quote from: Jonners on May 10, 2012, 12:44:41 pm
Apologies for those with sky problems, but this series is absolutely brilliant!

Thanks to actually now having my HD activated (which annoyingly I'd phoned them about on day 1 and they'd said it was all done...) I got one! Just the 5 I've missed though I need to download...  ::)
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Jonners

I envy you, watching 5 on the bounce!

Jonners

ANother great episode last night, this series gets better and better.

Quality action north of the Wall, they have managed to make the place look just as bleak as the author depicted

Danforth

Yes, very good series. Keeps getting better in season 2. The North of the wall stuff was shot in iceland.

Jonners

Enjoyed last nights episode, although for the life of me I cant remember too much that happened, which is odd!

Think its all building up for the Blackwater battle next week at Kings Landing, where I imagine an awful lot will happen!

Jonners

And indeed it did!

What an episode. Brilliant. The scene where the bay explodes with the dragon fire napalm is very good indeed

Jonners

Dont normally do this, but watched that episode again (sorry Andy!)

Absolutely brilliant

Bez

Last one next week....!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Jonners

series 3 been commissioned though, so something to look forward to

Neillwith2Ls

Dragons, swords, castles nudity... this sounds right up my alley! Not seen any episodes, or read any of the books - where should I start?
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Jonners

Series 1, episode 1

Thats not taking the piss either, you need to start at the beginning, would be difficult to dip in at this stage

I love the books (I am on book 7 out of 7) and they are good, but long.

Neillwith2Ls

Cool, I could use a new series of books to read - just getting towards the end of Michael Moorcock's Elric series... again!
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)