Game of Thrones

Started by Andy42g, April 03, 2012, 12:31:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy42g

Season 2 started last night - always watch from Sky+ to skip adverts so not seen yet. Looking forward to it v.much.
Loved in season 1 the way that the fantasy elements were kept to a minimum and most of it dealt with actual people and character. There be wolves and dragons in this season though, apparently. Some fine actors in it, but the brilliant Peter Dinklage steals every scene he's in.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Red Star

Only shown on Sky Atlantic I presume. I wish I could get this channel as a Virgin subscriber :(
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Jonners

Really enjoyed last nights episode

The problem you have now is the classic timeline/multiple stories going on. There are at a conservative estimate at least 6 disparate stories now forming as of book 2 onwards, all of which have some sort of merit and interest

Lets hope, while the books are brilliant, that the TV editors keep the pace and interest afloat.
The new songs are an abomination

Andy42g

Might have to start on the books.

Andy42g

Quote from: Red Star on April 03, 2012, 13:01:07 pm
Only shown on Sky Atlantic I presume. I wish I could get this channel as a Virgin subscriber :(

uTorrent is your friend.

Jonners

Good books, and for once I was helped by seeing the TV show first, as I had good images in mind for the characters, castles, weapons etc

I know some people say a book and a good imagination cant be beaten, but I have enjoyed doing it this way round

Jonners

I love the books, and this programme, but Im starting to think it may be completely unmakeable and unwatchable as a TV series.

There are so many stories going on in so many different threads, it is nigh on impossible unless you know the books well to develop any real feeling for the stories and the characters, and the pace is stultifying

I will stick with it, but I have a feeling unless you like the books this will be a very unsatisfactory TV series (that is beautifully made!)

Jonners

Better last night, things starting to happen

Andy42g

April 17, 2012, 15:20:26 pm #8 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 15:22:09 pm by Andy42g
Missing it. Sky box/signal issues and failed recordings  :(. Will download to catch up.

(Also upgraded to HD box and HD package as I thought it was the white Sky+ box which was faulty, but the money grabbing effing Sky twats do not include any of their Sky channels in the basic HD pack  >:(. Ah well. BBC HD looks good  ::).)

Jonners

Brienne of Tarth appeared last night, interesting visual of the character.

Did a qick google image search of the actress, she's not shy about getting undressed!

Jonners

Good episode last night, I think readingthe books previously has helped me a great deal with this, regarding names, events etc

The Iron Born/Drowned men are brilliantly portrayed, exactly how I had visioned them in the books.

Not convinced yet about the Targaeryan girl though, starting to think she is not a great actress

Andy42g

Given up on this for some reason it keeps failing to record. :(

Jonners

That is a shame, I really enjoy this programme/series, and am gutted when the credits roll at the end, which is very rare for me these days

döm

Quote from: Andy42g on May 03, 2012, 11:08:18 am
Given up on this for some reason it keeps failing to record. :(

Is it a generic problem or specific to Sky Atlantic or even Game of Thrones ?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Andy42g

May 03, 2012, 13:59:15 pm #14 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 16:40:22 pm by Andy42g
Quote from: dom on May 03, 2012, 11:33:58 am
Is it a generic problem or specific to Sky Atlantic or even Game of Thrones ?

Think it's Sky Atlantic and everything else seems to be OK. Or maybe there was a timing clash. Will do some testing when I get a chance. Can always download the episodes we have missed.  But to be honest by the time we get round to watching it the DVD box well likely be available from LoveFilm...  :o