Is it me...?

Started by dwtty, March 29, 2012, 08:51:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixkot

Yes, I have the same prolem Wullie.  There are also a bunch of threads missing too.  I'm sure the IT monkeys will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Battlescar

Quote from: pdw1 on March 29, 2012, 15:10:24 pm
Yes see above.
[support geek mode] Try logging out and then back in [/support geek mode]

Tried this.  Only shows posts I have contributed to.
Keats and Yeats are on your side
But you lose 'cause weird lover Wilde is on mine

Lucy

according to the front page of the football threads, I have posted in League 2 - but I haven't!
bizarre...
Cut to the chase

döm

Quote from: Lucy on March 29, 2012, 19:31:23 pm
according to the front page of the football threads, I have posted in League 2 - but I haven't!
bizarre...

Yes, I was wondering what insight I came up with in the Sonisphere thread  ::)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Ironically, everything on TNMS seems OK on my PC!

zoony

Quote from: zoony on March 29, 2012, 22:05:57 pm
Ironically, everything on TNMS seems OK on my PC!

Nope, now that I've checked a few threads, posts that I made last night have vanished.

Red Star

Dom is showing as  making the last post in the Chelsea thread in football, but when I click on it, it's not his post but an earlier post made by another member? The same in the I Know The Score thread - Oor Willie showing as he made the last post but again it's not there? Whats going on?
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Dixkot

There appears to be quite a few 'problems' coming to light since the site maintainance was carried out.

The site Mods & Admins are aware and are trying to retrieve the lost posts and clear up the post link anomalies.

As the site is running OK it is not being treated as urgent.

Cheers

Red Star

Ok, thanks for the update Dix :)
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

zoony

Quote from: Dixkot on March 30, 2012, 12:47:36 pm

As the site is running OK it is not being treated as urgent.

Sorry mate, but how can the site be "running OK" with all the mistakes that have been highlighted?

Analog RH

April 01, 2012, 10:51:27 am #25 Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:53:16 am by Analog Rockin' Hard
Quote from: zoony on April 01, 2012, 10:35:34 am
Sorry mate, but how can the site be "running OK" with all the mistakes that have been highlighted?

Its running OK now, is what he means.
Only Stewart has the knowledge to rectify the issues arising from the database error that occcured. As he is running round like a headless chicken with his business at the moment, finding time to sort them out is a challenge. And - as with all the Mods and Admins - TNMS is far down the pecking order when it comes to priorities in our lives.
Yes, in the long term we might need to find a techy who can drop everything at a moment's notice when the site goes down. I will discuss this with Stew when I next bump into him.
For now, what we've got is what we've got.  :)

zedskin

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on April 01, 2012, 10:51:27 am

Yes, in the long term we might need to find a techy who can drop everything at a moment's notice when the site goes down. I will discuss this with Stew when I next bump into him.
For now, what we've got is what we've got.  :)

That would cost a bit more sheckles though would'nt it? Maybe some folk should stop complaining about how crap this "free" forum is and contribute a couple of quid to its upkeep ;)

THEN maybe you could afford a Techy.  8)

Big thanks to the 5 folk that did voluntarily contributed to the hosting renewal.

Jings Crivvens Help ma Boab!!