Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

My dog, Maple has got an infection in her ear canal. Took her to the vets this morning, £101.56 for a bit of cream for it! Don't get me wrong, she is worth every penny, but these vets fees take the piss.

Nick

Yes they can be a right rip off, made me squirm having to buy flea treatments for our cats, now I've moved to buying at Petdugs online (other retailers are available) , half the price.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on Yesterday at 12:53:31Yes they can be a right rip off, made me squirm having to buy flea treatments for our cats, now I've moved to buying at Petdugs online (other retailers are available) , half the price.
At least you don't have to buy poo bags  ;)

Matt2112

Agree completely regarding vets fees.  Went last week with the dog as he'd not been as agile as usual for a few days - I thought it might be down to a spell of very warm weather, but his condition persisted afterward - and even though he was was showing signs of improvement I took him in for my peace of mind more than anything else.

After barely 5 minutes of examination, the vet was happy there was nothing terribly concerning, gave me some medication to ease his joints and charged £57.00  :-\
The keys to happiness

Nick

Don't think I have ever been to a vets and come out without having to purchase something and thought Christ that's expensive.

captainkurtz

I stick to watching funny/cute dog videos on Facebook.  Addicted to them.
Anger is a gift.

Nick

Quote from: captainkurtz on Yesterday at 18:15:34I stick to watching funny/cute dog videos on Facebook.  Addicted to them.
Lockdown can do strange things to people.

Nick

Just eaten a chunky kit Kat from a multipack, utterly tasteless..

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on Yesterday at 21:35:12Just eaten a chunky kit Kat from a multipack, utterly tasteless..
Covid?