How well travelled are you?

Started by zoony, June 01, 2008, 09:25:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on June 01, 2018, 17:20:42 pm

Well I broke my plane virginity 5 years ago when I went to Holland with work, and now I can add Fuerteventura to my list.
Hope you enjoyed Fuerteventura. We'll be back to our second home (Corralejo) in October.

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on June 01, 2018, 18:28:06 pm
Hope you enjoyed Fuerteventura. We'll be back to our second home (Corralejo) in October.



Thanks Dave, it was lovely, and we also stayed in Corralejo.

Nick

Portugal
Spain
France
Belgium
Holland
Switzerland
Germany
Czech Republic
Poland
Italy
Greece
Turkey
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Bahrain,
USA
Australia
New Zealand
China
Malaysia
Thailand
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Canada
Singapore
Russia
Mexico
India
Sweden
Denmark
Cyprus
Slovenia
Cape Verde
Brazil
Japan
South Korea
Croatia
Bosnia
Latvia
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nick

Portugal
Spain
France
Belgium
Holland
Switzerland
Germany
Czech Republic
Poland
Italy
Greece
Turkey
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Bahrain,
USA
Australia
New Zealand
China
Malaysia
Thailand
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Canada
Singapore
Russia
Mexico
India
Sweden
Denmark
Cyprus
Slovenia
Cape Verde
Brazil
Japan
South Korea
Croatia
Bosnia
Latvia
Lithuania
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nick

Portugal
Spain
France
Belgium
Holland
Switzerland
Germany
Czech Republic
Poland
Italy
Greece
Turkey
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Bahrain,
USA
Australia
New Zealand
China
Malaysia
Thailand
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Canada
Singapore
Russia
Mexico
India
Sweden
Denmark
Cyprus
Slovenia
Cape Verde
Brazil
Japan
South Korea
Croatia
Bosnia
Latvia
Lithuania
Vatican
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind


Slim

Quote from: Slim on June 02, 2008, 12:35:25 pm
I was lucky enough to work for a firm that asked me to go abroad a fair bit, so I've been to New York & San Francisco (USA), Geneva (Switzerland), Frankfurt (Germany), Tokyo (Japan), Hong Kong. All top hotels or plush apartments, all paid for by the firm  :)

In addition, on holiday I've been to:

Spain
France
Scotland
Finland
Hong Kong
USA (Boston & NY)
Italy
Greece

The only country I've not seen yet that I'd really like go to is Australia.

Nice to see this thread still going. In the last 11 years I've added a few Caribbean countries, Croatia, Montenegro and, last weekend, Belgium.

Odd that I didn't include Wales in the above list, I saw Rush there in '81 and I've been a few times in the last few years. I cycled there and back in 2017. I recall though that I didn't actually realise that I was in Wales when I visited Deesside in '81. Still, and destined to remain, the only country, at least in the ceremonial sense, other than England where I've seen Rush.

England and Wales aren't real countries anyway but that's another discussion.

Nick

Portugal
Spain
France
Belgium
Holland
Switzerland
Germany
Czech Republic
Poland
Italy
Greece
Turkey
Morocco
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Bahrain,
USA
Australia
New Zealand
China
Malaysia
Thailand
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Canada
Singapore
Russia
Mexico
India
Sweden
Denmark
Cyprus
Slovenia
Cape Verde
Brazil
Japan
South Korea
Croatia
Bosnia
Latvia
Lithuania
Vatican
Montenegro
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Benjamin42

August 17, 2019, 14:42:39 pm #203 Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:40:41 am by Benjamin42
I've been in a couple of European cities in the past 2 months and now I'm in Germany. Beautiful country indeed! You can feel the European standarts everywhere and people are always willing to help. The other day I was checking the map and a girl came and said: ''Are you looking for something?'' :) I started to think maybe it would be cool to have a property in Germany one day. It's a nice country to live in.
Lessons taught but never learned.
All around us anger burns.
Guide the future by the past.
Long ago the mold was cast.

Nick

Quote from: Benjamin42 on August 17, 2019, 14:42:39 pmI've been in a couple of European cities in the past 2 months and now I'm in Germany. Beautiful country indeed! You can feel the European standarts everywhere and people are always willing to help. The other day I was checking the map and a girl came and said: ''Are you looking for something?'' :) I started to think maybe it would be cool to have a property in Germany one day. It's a nice country to live in.
Great beer for sure, plus the white Asparagus is delicious.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

In a measure to more accurately reflect the amount of times I've travelled (aka: a desperate measure to make my list look longer), I'm going to...subdivide some accordingly:

USA
- California
- Florida
- Hawaii
- Nevada
- Texas
- New York
- New Jersey
- Illinois

Scotland
- Glasgow
- Edinburgh
- Dundee
Wales
- Wrexham
- Rhyl
- Cardiff
- Swansea
N Ireland
- Belfast
- Antrim
- Giant's Causeway
Rep of Ireland
- Dublin
- Galway
- Kilkenny
- Limerick
France
Netherlands
Sweden
Denmark
Austria
Cyprus
- Larnaca
- Ayia Napa
- Nicosia (both sides...)
Brazil
Hong Kong
Australia
Portugal
Greece
- Rhodes
- Crete
- Halkidiki
- Kefalonia
- Zakynthos
Canada
Spain
- Tenerife
- Fuengirola
Germany


:)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 19, 2019, 10:36:49 amIn a measure to more accurately reflect the amount of times I've travelled (aka: a desperate measure to make my list look longer), I'm going to...subdivide some accordingly:

USA
- California
- Florida
- Hawaii
- Nevada
- Texas
- New York
- New Jersey
- Illinois

Scotland
- Glasgow
- Edinburgh
- Dundee
Wales
- Wrexham
- Rhyl
- Cardiff
- Swansea
N Ireland
- Belfast
- Antrim
- Giant's Causeway
Rep of Ireland
- Dublin
- Galway
- Kilkenny
- Limerick
France
Netherlands
Sweden
Denmark
Austria
Cyprus
- Larnaca
- Ayia Napa
- Nicosia (both sides...)
Brazil
Hong Kong
Australia
Portugal
Greece
- Rhodes
- Crete
- Halkidiki
- Kefalonia
- Zakynthos
Canada
Spain
- Tenerife
- Fuengirola
Germany


:)
Kidderminster deserves a mention on your list mate, as it's one of the rarest places you'll find on this planet! 🤣.