Caress Of Steel - sync listen

Started by Slim, January 18, 2004, 06:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Brenchley

That was fantastic - Rocking too hard to type (Analog take note!)  ;D ;D
We're all here in celebration, this music's gonna make us strong....
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Analog RH

ITIGB.

To coin a phase, crapola.

Next!

Sary

This is soooo Led Zep!! But a great riff nonetheless. I remember hearing this song for the first time and I burst out laughing. The lyrics are so ironic when you think about them now!

I love this song, though.

Lyth

:)

And then this happened...

I'm sorry, I just have never really been able to get into 'Bald' - the opening riff is too close to 'In The Mood' and it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Shame really, as it lets the rest of the album down.

Some nifty drumming by Neil though.

Dave Brenchley

I'm not really a Bald fan though. Too throwaway in the context of the rest of the album.
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Slim

Another corker, not the best on the album by any means but a great track nonetheless - I Think I'm Going Bald.  Such maturity in the lyrics, such spirit in the music, and such character.

The guitar solo kicks in especially early - a very original touch, and the whole thing has a wonderful smell of anarchy.  Again: fantastic, and this may actually be the least strong song on this incredible record.  Such character in the guitar work.  Brilliant brilliant brilliant

Analog RH

QuoteThat was fantastic - Rocking too hard to type (Analog take note!)

Sary

Slim

Very Jimmy Page in the outro there ;D

Arto

January 18, 2004, 06:39:08 am #39 Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 06:40:08 am by Arto
QuoteArto, are you still there? LOL I think you hate Geddy's voice on this album, right?

I've got nothing against it. Great singing from the man!
I'm here but can't participate because I don't have the album :)
I'm sure I'm not missing much

Nephronic

Okay, it's late 'O clock and I'm off to bed. Enjoy the rest of COS. See you cats same place, same time next week. ;D
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Dave Brenchley

Fantastic production on Lakeside Park. A very accomplished recording.
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Sary

Lakeside Park... God, I was expecting something really awful since I'd read that Geddy pretty much hates this song now... But what does he know, it's really nice for what it is. The guitars are a bit boring, but still... The mood of this song is wonderful.

Dave Brenchley

Love the big chord then drum fill at 1:00 to get back to the second verse. Fantastic guitar sound on the solo.
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Sary

Arto, get this record! It has to be listened in its entirety to really appreciate it.