Counterparts / COS sync listens, Saturday night

Started by Slim, January 15, 2004, 01:23:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Brenchley

Animate - I mostly like this one. Great start with the drums and the sound was a real kick up the arse after Presto and RTB.

Perhaps a bit too long though and for some reason they always seemed to play it slower live - not good.

I like the middle section with the wierd backward guitar when we get there....
We're all here in celebration, this music's gonna make us strong....
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Sary

Why wasn't this a hit?? I could see this on MTV at that time...

Tom Garrett

QuoteThe Scotch I mean - Animate is still crap.
lmao lmaocheers slim.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Dave Brenchley

www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Nephronic

Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Sary

I like the middle section with the wierd backward guitar when we get there....

Nice one, thanks for pointing them out for me.

Slim

I suppose this is what passes for an instrumental section .. oh no it isn't, Geddy's started singing again.

Arto

I hated this album when I first heard it, but now I've learned to like some of the songs. Animate has become my favourite song on this album.

Analog RH

Animate.

I will forever associate this song with Le Colisee, Quebec on t4e. For a portion of the gig I was in the first block, directly below the PA. This song sounded absolutely PHENOMENAL - like an aircraft taking off, but more beautiful.  :D

I think its a fab opener - like Dreamline its quite straightforward: a few chords, nice open guitar work over the chorus, a good groove and swagger.

Fave lyric - A man must learn to gently dominate. Good lad, NP.  ;D

Fave moment - NP's drum fill at 4.42 as they relaunch into the chorus after the bridge. Alex's sustained note over the top. Lovely.

Slim

God this album seems to last forever .. are we near the end yet?  :-/

Sary

Noisy drums, whatever next. ;)

LOL Definitely not Neil's most complex stuff...

Dave Brenchley

I think it is mostly Neil that makes this. Theres nothing particularly interesting from Al or Ged...
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Sary

January 18, 2004, 05:26:59 am #42 Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 08:15:20 am by Sary
Eeeeewww, didn't like this one at all the first time I heard it on a boot... But it's now quite tolerable.

Stick It Out, that is.

Tom Garrett

i"m not listening, but the best song on the album is at the end ;)
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Slim

What's this called?  Ah, Stick It Out.  I vaguely remember this one - very nasty, ugly opening riff, horrible vocals.  Another 'must skip' track I guess.