Homeland

Started by Fishy, February 21, 2012, 11:27:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

another couple of eps last night.. very intertested now to see how this pans out... best telly for a while...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Fishy

another 4 eps last night...

Norwegian

Morena Baccarin is reason enough to watch this

Season 1 finished in December-11 here, liked it - is the a season 2?
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Fishy

agreed but quite happy to see Claire Danes getting nailed as well..:)

captainkurtz

Quote from: Norwegian on March 11, 2012, 09:29:15 am
Morena Baccarin is reason enough to watch this

Season 1 finished in December-11 here, liked it - is the a season 2?

she looks like what i'd look like if i was a woman....we even have moles in the same place.  Weirdly, repulsed and turned on at the same time.
Anger is a gift.

Norwegian

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 11, 2012, 13:39:34 pm
she looks like what i'd look like if i was a woman....we even have moles in the same place.  Weirdly, repulsed and turned on at the same time.
I felt nothing when I met you in Dublin mate :D
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 11, 2012, 13:39:34 pm

do you have a vagina  ?

captainkurtz

Quote from: thefishy on March 11, 2012, 14:20:16 pm
do you have a vagina  ?

I may or may not have owned one of those battery operated ones prior to getting married. I really cannot recall.
Anger is a gift.

Fishy

another ep last night.. certainly building up to a great finish i hope...

Fishy

polsihed off the last two eps the other night.. great stuff and some great acting from Ms Danes in particular..nicely setup for season 2...

Analog RH

I'm 4 episodes in to season one and starting to wonder if I can last the course.
Danes's character is like watching someone run their nails down a blackboard.
Mandy Patinkin chews the scenery, Damian Lewis looks bored mostly (apart from when he is praying in the garage), and I can't take David Harewood seriously after his stints in The Vice and other British telly dogshit.
Admittedly Morena Baccarin is seriously hot but even she has feck all to do really.
I will stick with it a while longer, but if nothing much happens over the next couple of episodes - and the Carrie Mathison character continues to grate - I will be giving up on it.

Summerland

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on March 20, 2012, 23:46:53 pm
I'm 4 episodes in to season one and starting to wonder if I can last the course.
Danes's character is like watching someone run their nails down a blackboard.
Mandy Patinkin chews the scenery, Damian Lewis looks bored mostly (apart from when he is praying in the garage), and I can't take David Harewood seriously after his stints in The Vice and other British telly dogshit.
Admittedly Morena Baccarin is seriously hot but even she has feck all to do really.
I will stick with it a while longer, but if nothing much happens over the next couple of episodes - and the Carrie Mathison character continues to grate - I will be giving up on it.

Notwithstanding the fact that you may be right - and I say this with all due respect, but stop being a quitter and a pussy. Christ, even I'm staying with this for the moment. ;-)
-.-- -.-- --..

captainkurtz

That's fighting talk, that is.
Anger is a gift.

Analog RH

March 22, 2012, 00:30:26 am #43 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 00:46:01 am by Analog Rockin' Hard
Quote from: Summerland on March 21, 2012, 21:36:12 pm
Notwithstanding the fact that you may be right - and I say this with all due respect, but stop being a quitter and a pussy. Christ, even I'm staying with this for the moment. ;-)

Blimey..... not often I'm called a quitter.......

;) ;D

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 21, 2012, 22:01:24 pm
That's fighting talk, that is.

Its the sort of thing I post after several (hundred) whiskys.......

I will admit to context playing its part. Bear in mind I am presently watching The Sopranos and The Wire on an almost nightly basis. Compared to them almost everything else on the telly is sorely lacking.

Bez

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on March 22, 2012, 00:30:26 am

..... I am presently watching The Sopranos and The Wire on an almost nightly basis. Compared to them almost everything else on the telly is sorely lacking.

Prepare to be disappointed with TV for the rest of your life...

Very little has come close to those for me...Dexter, Breaking Bad (the 2 seasons that I've seen so far), Battlestar Galactica are the only things I can think of without too much effort...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%