Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? - Cut to the Chase

Started by Dave_Pierce, January 05, 2004, 21:10:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce_Macgregor

QuoteThumbs up definitely. This is my favourite song from Counterparts, and has been since I first heard the album. I would love if Rush played it live on their upcoming tour(?). The solo section is superb. I love this song. It's like Dog Years for me. A really underrated song with much musical prowess.

-Led

Dog years may be next and you and me will be the only ones who like it!

Cut....is fantastic though. brilliant track on a brilliant album.

Corporate Rock at its finest!

Japes

Corporate Rock at its finest!

Oh not you as well....! or are you taking the mickey? ;D

Mikko

I wouldn't concider it as a classic YET but it's still one of the highlights from Counterparts IMO.

Bruce_Macgregor

Oh not you as well....! or are you taking the mickey? ;D

Mibees aye, mibees naw!

Sary

Does anyone else think that the beginning of CTTC sounds quite a lot like the beginning of that huge early nineties' hit called Cats In The Cradle? (The name of the band eludes me.) I'm quite sure that is the song, although I can't be 100% certain... The funny thing is, to my memory CITC (wow, almost the same abbreviation even!  ;)) also came out in 1993. (I know these things as a former MTV-enthusiast, hahaha...!)

Anyway, I bought Counterparts last Saturday and I think I must have already given it more spins than Slim has given in a decade! LOL Yet, although I do enjoy listening to this one, I doubt it will ever take its place as a top five Rush record in my heart. This certainly isn't the Rush I fell in love with -the passion is lacking or it precents itself in another form, which I'm unable to grasp... (Many of you must grasp it as you seem to love CP quite a lot!)

And CTTC is definitely not my favorite track but it does blow The Speed Of Love out of the water ANYDAY... Then again, what song wouldn't??  lmao

Slim

QuoteAnyway, I bought Counterparts last Saturday and I think I must have already given it more spins than Slim has given in a decade!

Played it three times already?!

stereoroid

CttC gets top marks from me, it's a great tune to sing and bang out on the bass. Though Ged would get meshugganah on my arse if he saw how I was doing it (thumb)..!

Sary

Played it three times already?!

Seven or eight, I think.  :o You will never catch me and I suppose that's fine with you... lmao