Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? - Cut to the Chase

Started by Dave_Pierce, January 05, 2004, 21:10:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_Pierce

Today's contestant comes from the much maligned (IMHO) Counterparts album...... Cut to the Chase.

All right then... have a go!  ;D

Dave_Lack

It's actually much maligned by very few, it's just that they are very vocal!  ;)

Anyway, IMHO Cut To The Chase is the best thing on a fine Rush album. I love it!

Slim

January 05, 2004, 21:45:19 pm #2 Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 21:46:10 pm by Slim
I certainly don't hate it or despise it, in fact I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that I can't really remember how it goes.  Like the rest of Corporateparts, it's a dud, not a vile stinker like Freeze.

So I guess the "I'm not crazy about it" option is the closest.  It IS crap, but not hateful crap.

Stewart

I love ALL but one track on Counterparts...

Can anyone guess which? ;-)

Fishy

great song but don't consider it a classic. Nice guitar break in the middle ....
From the Land of Honest Men.

Dave_Pierce

QuoteNice guitar break in the middle ....
I think that's one of Lerxst's best solos ever.... the notes just seem to flow like water from a faucet. Top notch!!  8)

Dave_Pierce

QuoteI love ALL but one track on Counterparts...

Can anyone guess which? ;-)
I HOPE it's "Speed of Love" you're referring to.... dreadful, dreadful song.... :P

Arto

"I like it but it's not one of my faves"

I like the music more than the vocals. A good song anyway and Alex's solo is just beautiful.

Stewart

QuoteI HOPE it's "Speed of Love" you're referring to.... dreadful, dreadful song.... :P

Yeah, that's the bilge, er song...

Mike

January 05, 2004, 22:08:54 pm #9 Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 22:10:40 pm by Mike
So you're the Stink it Out fan then, Stew?

:o

Philistine!

Stewart

QuoteSo you're the Stink it Out fan then, Stew?

:o

Philistine!

Craig Bayfield

I adore this track, easily the best thing on Counterparts. The guitar solo section is among the best work Alex has ever done (though I still think the Ghost of a Chance one is the best, followed by This, Between the Wheels and Emotion Detector), the lyrics are inspired.

What's not to like?
I'm old enough not to care too much, about what you think of me.
But I'm young enough to remember the future, and the way things ought to be

Dave_Pierce

QuoteI adore this track, easily the best thing on Counterparts.... What's not to like?
Such a brilliant, insightful mind for one so young!!  ;D

Eya

After Animate the best in Counterparts, real classic  :D

Oor Wullie

I like it but it's not one of my favourites.

My favourite from the album is "Cold Fire".
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011