Upset Of The Day - 3

Started by Dixkot, February 16, 2012, 18:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Had an awful dream, that I'd given Jonathan Ross my Samsonite briefcase as a present.

I've had it since 1985, so that was quite upsetting.

Nick

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with that. Briefcases seem to have disappeared from public usage these days, i suppose victim of the backpack/manbag.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Richard_2112

After 5 years I've decided to call it a day with my band. For me it had run its course and I couldn't take things any further. I'm sure they will continue on without me but it had stopped being fun for me.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

pdw1

Quote from: Richard_2112 on September 27, 2019, 19:08:55 pmAfter 5 years I've decided to call it a day with my band. For me it had run its course and I couldn't take things any further. I'm sure they will continue on without me but it had stopped being fun for me.
Sad to hear that; you were doing some really good stuff.
Don't give up on the music and good luck with the next step forward.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Richard_2112

Quote from: pdw1 on September 27, 2019, 21:44:39 pmSad to hear that; you were doing some really good stuff.
Don't give up on the music and good luck with the next step forward.
I really wasn't feeling it anymore. Going to hang the guitars up for a few months and fall back in love with music again. 5 years of just writing original music in really stressful conditions has really taken it out of me, so time to chill then I'll get re-learning some Rush and Tool songs and see where that takes me.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

Quote from: Richard_2112 on September 27, 2019, 19:08:55 pmAfter 5 years I've decided to call it a day with my band. For me it had run its course and I couldn't take things any further. I'm sure they will continue on without me but it had stopped being fun for me.

Real shame that, but if the joy has gone then it's completely understandable.  All the best to you mate.
The keys to happiness

zoony

Hearing that a very pleasant young woman who lives around the corner from me suffered a cardiac arrest while swimming on holiday in Barcelona last week, and died. She was just 41, and was a swimming instructor who also run zumba and fitness classes.