Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? - Out of the Cradle

Started by Dave_Pierce, January 13, 2004, 01:49:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_Pierce

Another track from VT that's bound to stir things up a bit - Out of the Cradle!

Dave_Pierce

This is a song with a lot of potential.... unfortunately most of it unrealized.

It definitely rocks "endlessly" and that is the main problem with it..... it's way too repetitious by a half and there's not enough variety/change in melody.

I don't hate it and I'll listen to it when it comes on but I won't purposely seek it out.....

Reg

Can't quite put my finger on it, but it is a catchy little number to end with, with an infectious chorus.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Nephronic

Rush continue the trend of putting a very poor song as the last track on the album. The only poor song on VT.
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

mickpaz2112

Uneventful album filler thats niether good or bad
Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Dave_Lack

QuoteRush continue the trend of putting a very poor song as the last track on the album. The only poor song on VT.

I would mostly agree with you about last tracks Neph, but not on this occasion. It's certainly not a classic, but I do really like it.

Slim

January 13, 2004, 02:35:13 am #6 Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 02:36:38 am by Slim
Again, I don't actually hate it, but I certainly consider it to be bollocks.  I can't vote for 4, since that could be construed as neutral.

It's not the worst track on VT, but it's pretty bad by anyone's standards.

Analog RH

QuoteRush continue the trend of putting a very poor song as the last track on the album. The only poor song on VT.

Well, it usually goes one way or another - classic song or pants filler.

For every Available Light there's a Carve Away The Shit......

I don't hate it.

Arto

"I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it"

Boooring filler, very forgettable song on an otherwise good album. I didn't even remember what it sounded like before listening to it again.

Dave_Pierce

QuoteFor every Available Light there's a Carve Away The Shit......
Available Light is one of the rare recent exceptions to this unfortunate rule...... a great song even if it is on a sub par album!  ;)  ;D

Eya

"I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it"  Musically quite empty lyrically ok.

Analog RH

Available Light is one of the rare recent exceptions to this unfortunate rule...... a great song even if it is on a sub par album!

Oor Wullie

Available Light is one of the rare recent exceptions to this unfortunate rule...... a great song even if it is on a sub par album!
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

rascal houdi

I really like this track & went for option 2.

I think it would have worked well in the live set but I realise I'm very likely to be a minority of one.

There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

hazy

Worst track on Vapor Trails

(in my opinion)  :)