Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? - Chain Lightning

Started by Dave_Pierce, January 07, 2004, 02:28:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_Pierce

Today's little ditty comes to us courtesy of the Rupert Hine butchered, err.. produced album Presto.

Let the dogs out!  :D

Dave_Pierce

Thumbs so far down there's no place to go but up....  :P

IMHO, this song ranks as one of THE lowest musical points in an otherwise stellar career.  :'(

Believe me, I've TRIED to like it. I've listened to it dozens of times hoping it would catch somehow, but unfortunately it has the distinction of being utter pants!  :(

Nephronic

It's not a song that I skip if/when I'm listening to Presto but it's probably one when my mind drifts to other matters, mainly a naked Halle Berry.
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Arto

"I like it but it's not one of my faves"

Nothing special, but not bad either. One of the better songs on Presto.

Slim

January 07, 2004, 02:50:29 am #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 02:53:28 am by Slim
I like it - it's a good song with a great chorus, and an accomplished, imaginative, polished production.  Not one of my favourites, but good music without a doubt.  Lovely.

Bruce_Macgregor

While I can't match The Analog Parent for committment I am definitely in the pro-Presto camp and I have always liked this song a lot.

Reg

Not a classic, but very good nonetheless.  The chorus is the best bit of the song - stunning.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Nick

With Slim on this one. The lyrics also work well, i can't see anything much to dislike about this.

Feedback and resonate.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Eya

I like it but it's not one of my faves. In Presto there are a couple of songs I usually skip, but this is not one of them. But I wouldn't consider this a classic either.

rascal houdi

I like it but it's not one of my faves.

Pretty decent track, fits in with the rest of the album quite nicely without being earth-shattering.
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Ashley

To me it's a typical Rush song in that it catches up to you unawares!

I ended up humming bits of the tune & reciting parts of the lyrics before I realised what song it was, then before I knew it I was hooked.

Not top drawer, but a really good song.

Fishy

not a classic but i really like it... nuff said.
From the Land of Honest Men.

Mike

It's a classic from an era that spanned one album, but in the grand scheme of things it's probably just over the border into choice 2 (but only just!)