Moving Pictures - sync listen in 5 minutes

Started by Slim, January 10, 2004, 06:23:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Analog RH

January 10, 2004, 07:11:38 am #30 Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 07:12:24 am by The_Analog_Parent
Overall....

Side one is perfect.
The Camera Eye is similarly peerless.
Witch Hunt is a great song but better live.
Vital Signs is pants.

I've often thought - put PeW sans Jacobs Ladder together with MP sans Vital Signs: the perfect album!

Slim

Thanks Analog, I enjoyed that.

I don't think you could graft the best parts of Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures together to make a single, cohesive album - Natural Science definitely doesn't belong on the same album as Red Barchetta.

They may be only a year(ish) apart but Rush was growing so quickly back then - those albums are the work of two different bands in some ways.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Analog RH

It was indeed fun, old chap!

Could we be any further apart on Vital Signs?  ;)

Me and CQ have now done FBN, PeW and Signals synchs, you and I have done MP - next week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

Gezza

Sorry chaps I could not join you last night. Reading the thread this morning brought back some great memories for me too. The sync listen is a great idea. Thanks.

Oor Wullie

I too am sorry I couldn't have joined you.

I didn't get home until 2.30am this morning after playing a gig with "Joe's Band".
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

Tom Garrett

QuoteMy CD booklet has pictures of Dirk and Lerxt, but not Pratt. Hmmm....

same as mine ???
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Tom Garrett

last night was one of the rare friday nights i couldn"t make it . :'(advanced warning and i can bring a personal cd player to the cafe.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Lyth

QuoteNext week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

:)

Count me in for that, especially Power Windows.

Analog RH

Me and CQ have now done FBN, PeW and Signals synchs, you and I have done MP - next week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

Just realised, you guys'll have to do this without me and CQ on Friday - we're off to see Dream Theater in Manchester.

Gandalf

My wife reckons sync listening is for sad gits
I'll have to take part next time :)
Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

Bez

I enjoyed reading both sync listen threads....a few sherbets had been quaffed I reckon, very entertaining reading chaps...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Micke.K

QuoteOn the cover, does anyone else think the bloke second from left looks like David Crosby?
Yes....he is a mix between David Crosby and a Bond-villain from "Diamonds Are Forever"....don't know his name, but he tries to serve Bond a cake with a bomb in it.....good old James throws him off a boat....together with the bomb.... 8) ;D ;D