Moving Pictures - sync listen in 5 minutes

Started by Slim, January 10, 2004, 05:23:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Analog RH

January 10, 2004, 06:11:38 am #30 Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 06:12:24 am by The_Analog_Parent
Overall....

Side one is perfect.
The Camera Eye is similarly peerless.
Witch Hunt is a great song but better live.
Vital Signs is pants.

I've often thought - put PeW sans Jacobs Ladder together with MP sans Vital Signs: the perfect album!

Slim

Thanks Analog, I enjoyed that.

I don't think you could graft the best parts of Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures together to make a single, cohesive album - Natural Science definitely doesn't belong on the same album as Red Barchetta.

They may be only a year(ish) apart but Rush was growing so quickly back then - those albums are the work of two different bands in some ways.

Analog RH

It was indeed fun, old chap!

Could we be any further apart on Vital Signs?  ;)

Me and CQ have now done FBN, PeW and Signals synchs, you and I have done MP - next week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

Gezza

Sorry chaps I could not join you last night. Reading the thread this morning brought back some great memories for me too. The sync listen is a great idea. Thanks.

Oor Wullie

I too am sorry I couldn't have joined you.

I didn't get home until 2.30am this morning after playing a gig with "Joe's Band".
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

Tom Garrett

QuoteMy CD booklet has pictures of Dirk and Lerxt, but not Pratt. Hmmm....

same as mine ???
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Tom Garrett

last night was one of the rare friday nights i couldn"t make it . :'(advanced warning and i can bring a personal cd player to the cafe.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Lyth

QuoteNext week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

:)

Count me in for that, especially Power Windows.

Analog RH

Me and CQ have now done FBN, PeW and Signals synchs, you and I have done MP - next week we should perhaps try CoS and PoW?

Just realised, you guys'll have to do this without me and CQ on Friday - we're off to see Dream Theater in Manchester.

Gandalf

My wife reckons sync listening is for sad gits
I'll have to take part next time :)
Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

Bez

I enjoyed reading both sync listen threads....a few sherbets had been quaffed I reckon, very entertaining reading chaps...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Micke.K

QuoteOn the cover, does anyone else think the bloke second from left looks like David Crosby?
Yes....he is a mix between David Crosby and a Bond-villain from "Diamonds Are Forever"....don't know his name, but he tries to serve Bond a cake with a bomb in it.....good old James throws him off a boat....together with the bomb.... 8) ;D ;D