Permanent Waves - Sync Listen TONIGHT!

Started by Chris Quartly, January 10, 2004, 05:04:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

Nah, its not a filler - its just an idea that doesnt come off... at all!

rascal houdi

Can't take part in this I'm afraid as I don't (yet, anyway) possess a CD copy & I'm not about to crank the old turntable into action at this time of night!

Not one of fave Rush albums anyway, an opinion not shared by many I realise.
Mrs Houdi is currently telling me it's quite sad to be doing something like this anyway, not that I have to agree of course!
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Pudders

QuoteSome woman wrote in how she found Jacob's Ladder to be very erotic. I often think of her when I listen to it.

Question is what was she thinking about :o

Slim

It just doesn't work at all, does it?  It actually sounds faintly surreal.  Not good.

Analog RH

QuoteCan't take part in this I'm afraid as I don't (yet, anyway) possess a CD copy & I'm not about to crank the old turntable into action at this time of night!

Not one of fave Rush albums anyway, an opinion not shared by many I realise.
Mrs Houdi is currently telling me it's quite sad to be doing something like this anyway, not that I have to agree of course!

My Mrs said the same thing. I told her to feck off to bed.  ;)

How you can like Govt Mule and not like this is beyond me, Rascal.  :o

Slim

Aaaahhhhh now we're talking, junior

Gorgeous opening guitar - still sounds so fresh

Chris Quartly

Jacob's Ladder: The forgotten epic, some wonderful guitar leads from Alex. And some of Rush's ball-breaking heaviest music to date. Almost an instrumental with the lack of lyrics.

Never sure if I love those synth lines in the middle of the song or think they're a bit too sci-fi geeky. But some top odd-time playing from all the lads as they build back into a full-on prog-rock attack. Nice  8)

Not the best on the album (probably the worst) but still TOP DRAWER. Which speaks volumes.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Pudders

they will probably play it next tour just to wind us up

Its finished!!!!

So, Entre Nous - now this is a GOOD song! Ever played live Slim?

Slim

If I had a quid for every minute I spent sitting on my bed in my early twenties knocking this out on my first Strat - I'd have about 40 quid.

Bruce_Macgregor

It's alright for you boys with your fancy CDs. Some of us just had to get up and turn it over. Still it was worth it. I love Entre Nous. I've often tried to get my wife to listen to this and Different Strings as I think they are both great romantic songs but she just thinks it sounds like Rush.

Analog RH

Entre Nous.

Fabulous chopping guitar from Jailbait. One of his finest studio performances?

The accoustic chorus is so... unexpected. Even now.

Amazing lyrics - so many ways to read them. The line "some are burned or swept away" in particular.

How beautiful is that bridge from 2.50? Even the 80s keyboard stabs can't take away from it.

A Rush classic.

Slim

Oh man that arpeggiated chordy guitar break - poptastic

It doesn't get much better than this. I could do without the fecking zoopity-zoo tarus pedals though ;D

Pudders

QuoteIt's alright for you boys with your fancy CDs. Some of us just had to get up and turn it over.

Ahh, memories ;D

Chris Quartly

Entre Nous - How good would this sound in this years set?! Would be a fantastic surprise.

Some of Alex;s most beautiful playing on this album. This album really does ooze a real "Lerxst" vibes.

I really love this song.........really  :o
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Slim

Quotethey will probably play it next tour just to wind us up

Its finished!!!!

So, Entre Nous - now this is a GOOD song! Ever played live Slim?

Don't think so.  Top tune though