Favourite Rush song not on a Rush album?

Started by Analog RH, December 07, 2003, 19:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rascal houdi

There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Pudders

kamrahai

hi there :)

the first time I saw Rush was in 1978 here in Ottawa Canada when Max Webster backed them up. Been a big fan ever since and have seen Max and then Kim Mitchells solo stuff a couple of dozen times. That 1995 reunion thing was also a lot of fun. Not sure what he's doing now...

..oh,and BATTLESCAR ROCKS  ;D ;D

Analog RH

December 09, 2003, 01:57:43 am #33 Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 01:58:19 am by The_Analog_Parent
Quotehi there :)

the first time I saw Rush was in 1978 here in Ottawa Canada when Max Webster backed them up. Been a big fan ever since and have seen Max and then Kim Mitchells solo stuff a couple of dozen times. That 1995 reunion thing was also a lot of fun. Not sure what he's doing now...

..oh,and BATTLESCAR ROCKS

Eric B

They split up in '81 & Kim Mitchell went on to make some rather splendid solo albums. He's still around, touring in Canada anyway, last album was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Max did actually re-form briefly for a few Canadian shows in '95 but it didn't last.

Damn!  My ignorance on display...Max isn't a person, but a band!  ("I've always had a deep respect and I mean that most sincerely.  The band is just fantastic that is really what I think, Oh and by the way, which one's Pink?" -- Welcome to the Machine, Pink Floyd)   lmao

Oh well...thanks Neil and Rascal for not poking too much fun at me!  

P.S.  Rascal, I DO know that your name is a song by my old buddy Max!  ;)

Pudders

rascal houdi

There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Reg

Has to be the Tom Sawyer remix from Small Soldiers soundtrack (which I own, by the way - has some other good stuff on it).
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Kite_Boy

QuoteHas to be the Tom Sawyer remix from Small Soldiers soundtrack
For me, it would be a tie between that and Silver Sun's excellent version of Xanadu.

Craig Bayfield

December 09, 2003, 18:52:27 pm #39 Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 18:52:38 pm by Craig_Bayfield
If we're talking about cover versions here can I say "Spur of the Moment"'s version of The Spirit of Radio was strange, yet pretty damn good, also Smashing Pumpkin's "Limelight - Unplugged" has got a decent amount of playtime in my playlist.
I'm old enough not to care too much, about what you think of me.
But I'm young enough to remember the future, and the way things ought to be

The Letter R

Doing a bit a research last night :P and it appears there is an albums worth of "original" Rush material never released - and probably never will be, from their days playing bars in the early 70's :

Number One
Keep In Line
Run Willie Run
Sing Guitar
Morning Star
Margerite
Feel So Good
Love Light
Mike's Idea
Take
Losing Again
Garden Road

Except for Garden Road which appears on the Agora Boot and  Run Willie Run which if I recall Alex plays (part of?) on acoustic guitar on that early teenage house program he was in there are no other recordings of these tracks in existance.....unless anyone knows different - in fact are there any Rutsey shows out there...?

Craig Bayfield

yeah, I knew of those tracks, though this is the first time I've seen them named. It'd be interested to hear what they were like to be honest, if Working Man and Here Again could be written before Neil arrived then there may be some diamonds in the rough here.
I'm old enough not to care too much, about what you think of me.
But I'm young enough to remember the future, and the way things ought to be

Eric B

I've heard from two sources now (one of whom, at least is a member of this board) about a song called "Tough Break" written (and recorded?) circa Signals.  Does anyone know if this is a fact or a myth?

Analog RH

QuoteI've heard from two sources now (one of whom, at least is a member of this board) about a song called "Tough Break" written (and recorded?) circa Signals.

Eric B

2112.net had that detail, yes.  Still don't know if it, in fact, exists though.