RIP Jimmy Saville

Started by Nïckslïkk2112, October 29, 2011, 17:00:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

Pricey

Quote from: NeilP on October 29, 2011, 22:44:07 pm
Here he is introducing Frank Bruno to a mate in Broadmoor ::)

Note the grip of the handshake
I'll try and behave . Promise

Matt2112

Quote from: Pricey on October 29, 2011, 17:35:34 pm
Not so sure about that Matt ...... He had friends in very high places .... Apparently

Do enlighten us.  ;)
The keys to happiness

Gman

In one of Irvine Welsh's books, a character clearly based on Sir Jimmy, had a predilection for having sex with the still warm dead bodies in the basement of a large hospital not unlike Stoke Mandaville......

I think many of these rumours followed him throughout his life :-\

Gman

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Gman on October 30, 2011, 16:05:27 pm
In one of Irvine Welsh's books, a character clearly based on Sir Jimmy, had a predilection for having sex with the still warm dead bodies in the basement of a large hospital not unlike Stoke Mandaville......

I think many of these rumours followed him throughout his life :-\

Gman

and youre perpetuating them in his death lol actually Id not heard that one before....thats horrendous true or not

NeilP

All sorts of rumours about him tbh, one that he'd taken out an injuction against TNOTW preventing the publishing of a photo of him at Haute Garenne (sp) in Jersey. If there's any dirt to be had then I guess it'll come out once he's buried etc.

FWIW, he is named in the evidence of Peter Sutliffe

zoony

I find it a bit sad than rather paying your respects to the passing of Sir Jimmy, more people seem interested in posting about unproven rumours and idle gossip about him  :-\. I read today that a journalist team followed him around for a year, and delved into his past, and came up with nothing untoward. When the editor questioned Jimmy that they couldn't find anything peculiar about him, Jimmy replied "That's what happens when you go fishing in an empty pond".

RIP Jimmy.

NeilP

He is named in Sutcliffe's evidence Rob, that's not idle gossip.
I also said that he did a great deal of charity work for worthy causes, but the world is full of odd people and I guess if there's any scandal, the press will unearth it now that he's passed on.

captainkurtz

What's his connection to sutcliffe, then? Hadn't heard that one before.
Anger is a gift.

Jonners

Shame

I applied to be a roadie for Maiden in about 86, but some other lad got chosen instead, tha bastard! And they got him on stage and the crowd sang happy birthday at Sheffield

Classic Saturday night TV for kids.

Interested about the Sutcliffe stuff though, not conviinced about the necrophilia rumours....
The new songs are an abomination

NeilP

google is your friend here for those interested

Gman

Quote from: Bisto on October 30, 2011, 18:57:48 pm
and youre perpetuating them in his death lol actually Id not heard that one before....thats horrendous true or not

Hey,I'm not saying anything.....he was a true eccentric and the vast majority of profiles have been very warm and touching.

I liked him because he was a runner and a damn good one at that too.

Gman

Andy42g

Unique and irreplaceable. His charity work was incredible. Bumped into him a few times as he lived just around the corner from us here in Roundhay. Always very personable and generous with his time. He did look pretty ropey last time we saw him at the Lakeside cafe in the park - but he still had a smile and a hello. He always played to the (any) crowd.  Rach has a brilliant story of him in the Kings House hotel in Glencoe (he owned a house just down the road in the valley - lucky bugger) when she was doing the West Highland way and him being in there, holding court and generally keepiong everyone entertained and amused all evening.
A very said loss.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Jonners

Is it the curse of modern society that as soon as someone decent who did a lot of charitable work dies, people immediately look for the conspiracy theories and dirt in the closet?

The new songs are an abomination

Andy42g

Quote from: Jonners on October 31, 2011, 13:41:08 pm
Is it the curse of modern society that as soon as someone decent who did a lot of charitable work dies, people immediately look for the conspiracy theories and dirt in the closet?

Sad isn't it? Sir Jimmy was certainly an eccentric and because he was not what a lot of people would call 'normal' he immediately gets treated with suspicion.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?