Obscure Rush Reference

Started by Gandalf, July 15, 2008, 22:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixkot

Just read this online.

Overpaying your mortgage by a tenner a month

When people suggest making overpayments to a mortgage, you probably assume they mean at least a couple of hundred extra a month.

But even just an extra tenner could make a substantial difference. For example, if you had a mortgage of £150,000 over 25 years and were paying a rate of 4%, you would pay £792 a month.

The total repaid over the 25 years would be £237,527. Pay an extra tenner into that mortgage each month and you'd own your house outright seven months sooner. You'd also save £2,112 in interest.

Slim

Quote from: BasspedalMan on July 24, 2008, 11:58:49 am
My three business ventures are called 'YYZ Ltd', 'Hemispheres Ltd' & 'Cygnus Land'

;D

My company is called

.. although it's dormant.

Dixkot

Nïckslïkk2112

Had a case of wine arrive today.
One of the wines was produced from grapes grown in the Jacob's Ladder vineyard.
Legend in my own Mind

Norwegian

"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Norwegian on April 03, 2013, 08:54:27 am
what a load of crap: http://www.homeovista.org/provings/html/cygnus_overview.html

You are far too kind and polite Sir! Thanks though reading that gave me a good laugh. The author should consider writing SciFi /Fantasy fiction they obviously have a flair for pseudo science and fantasy

Norwegian

Quote from: Bisto on April 03, 2013, 11:49:16 am
You are far too kind and polite Sir! Thanks though reading that gave me a good laugh. The author should consider writing SciFi /Fantasy fiction they obviously have a flair for pseudo science and fantasy
always ready to please :D

Captain Ron

Brief mention of our favourite tubthumper and lyricist here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21993359
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Norwegian

My securitycode of choice in the hotelroom we had i Riga this week.end - sad :D

Thailand Express

Discussing the latest Roman remains story on his show today, Simon Mayo said that "Slippers at the Temple of Mithras" sounds like a song by Genesis or Rush....

NeilP

April 10, 2013, 23:18:09 pm #25 Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 23:34:15 pm by NeilP
Quote from: Norwegian on April 10, 2013, 13:19:23 pm
My securitycode of choice in the hotelroom we had i Riga this week.end - sad :D

don't we all do that?

Andrew_Haldane

The Letter R

A blink and you missed it TV moment last night on the BBC1 Programme The Prisoners - when one of the guys was released and returned to his flat there was a Grace Under Pressure poster on his door.

Red Star

Quote from: The Letter R on April 16, 2013, 09:34:09 am
A blink and you missed it TV moment last night on the BBC1 Programme The Prisoners - when one of the guys was released and returned to his flat there was a Grace Under Pressure poster on his door.

I clocked it too Keith! ;D Hope I'm not sat next to him at a Rush gig though - I'd keep thinking about his 'dirty' protest!
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Thailand Express

Quote from: The Letter R on April 16, 2013, 09:34:09 am
one of the guys was released and returned to his flat there was a Grace Under Pressure poster on his door.

Jeez he must've been banged up for a while!