Obscure Rush Reference

Started by Gandalf, July 15, 2008, 21:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

A question on The Chase last night asked who recorded the 1977 album, Exodus. The contestant answered RUSH!

Thailand Express

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 29, 2018, 20:32:22 pm
A bit tenuous is this one I suppose...

The new Chief Executive of North Ayrshire Council used to play creekit for the YYZ Cricket Club. Yes, named after the Rush instrumental from the Moving Pictures album. No mention of it is made in this article, but it is the truth, I used to be their occasional scorer. They only made occasional scores.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/craig-hatton-appointed-new-north-13345712

If you happen to live in North Ayrshire: MOVE! NOW!!

He won't be playing much creekit up here anyway...

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on October 30, 2018, 13:49:08 pm
A question on The Chase last night asked who recorded the 1977 album, Exodus. The contestant answered RUSH!

Can I re-use my Exodus...Stage Left joke again  ??....... ::) ;)

zoony

Quote from: The Letter R on November 01, 2018, 08:23:57 am

Can I re-use my Exodus...Stage Left joke again  ??....... ::) ;)

You already have mate! 😉.

Nick

BBC front page headlines, guy named Martin in a Rush shirt, sad story though. Maybe Martin is/was a member here? See video below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48104413
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bez

Very sad....

On a lighter note there was a police report from Warrington that was doing the rounds on Facebook earlier this week....

A picture of a police car next to a fallen tree with the following text :

"There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees.

Well, not quite, it's Woolston Grange Avenue. If you were one of the many people delayed by this tree fall, we thank you for your patience.

Tree now despatched by hatchet, axe and saw (by WBC). "
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nïckslïkk2112

Very tenuous, but, on the Great British Menu tonight, they paid a visit to Rockfield Studios and said a Farewell to Kingsley.
Legend in my own Mind

The Letter R

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 02, 2019, 23:42:20 pm
Very tenuous, but, on the Great British Menu tonight, they paid a visit to Rockfield Studios and said a Farewell to Kingsley.

I'm staying there in August for a long weekend  8)

Bez

Part of 2112 was played in this week's episode of Billions  8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Was watching an episode of Storage hunters this morning and a long black haired guy made a bid, and the auctioneer called him Geddy Lee.

zoony

We were in a bar in Salou yesterday watching the football when I was on the way for a piss and walked past a Derby fan who was probably a bit older than me. I had my Power Windows shirt on, and as we passed he shouted 2112 and put his thumb up.