TNMS Charity Auction

Started by Analog RH, May 23, 2011, 16:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Analog RH

Analog RH

May 27, 2011, 16:05:35 pm #16 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 16:07:36 pm by Analog Rockin' Hard
Quote from: The Main Monkey Business on May 27, 2011, 15:20:35 pm
what is the bidding process / payment for the signed items?

Due to problems putting auction software into the site each item will have its own thread. You bid by making a post in the thread. This means that it is an "open" bidding process - people will be able to see what you have bid. Sorry to anyone who wanted closed bidding.

There will be a strict date and time when the auction will end. Only bids made before that date and time will be accepted. We will try to arrange it so that the thread is closed on that deadline but this may not be possible due to Admin / Mod working / family commitments.

Payment can be made in a number of ways -

1. Direct to the MS Society following the links in the reply I've made to Bez above. However the Admins will need to see evidence that the donation has been made prior to the items being shipped. This might be a screen print if you are paying online, or receipt from the MS society if you are paying by cheque.

2. Payment can be made to me via PayPal, by cheque or directly into my bank account. Naturally I will utilize Chris Quartly, Dods, Stewart or one of the Mods (Pudders, Dixkot, Reg etc etc) as a witness to the fact I will be sending the money to the charity.

If you have any doubts about any of the above, ask away. If you are not happy with the process please don't bid.

Obviously we don't do this very often and its being arranged at short notice, so bear with us as we try to perfect the process.

Anyone who bids and wins an item and doesn't pay will be named and shamed. Please ensure you have the means to pay if you win. Payment will be expected within 7 days of the auctions closing.

Winning bidder responsible for shipping costs, which I will keep as low as possible. However it is on the understanding that you will be paying for Special Delivery so I don't get any grief if your item doesn't arrive!

Admin decisions on any dispute will be final.

Finally...... Anthem are watching. They have a link to this thread. Let's show them what a charitable bunch we are. Apart from Nick Sims, who is a miser and a weasel.  ;) ;D

Watch this space......

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 27, 2011, 16:05:35 pm
Finally...... Anthem are watching. They have a link to this thread. Let's show them what a charitable bunch we are. Apart from Nick Sims, who is a miser and a weasel.  ;) ;D

Oi you big slobbery beardy, I'll have you know that there I have a superinjunction out against any mention of that  >:(
Legend in my own Mind

Analog RH

Quote from: Nick Sims on May 27, 2011, 16:17:42 pm
Oi you big slobbery beardy, I'll have you know that there I have a superinjunction out against any mention of that  >:(

I'm invoking TNMS privilege......  ;) ;D

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

Jude S

Where are the threads for each item?

Pudders

Quote from: Jude S on May 28, 2011, 16:59:52 pm
Where are the threads for each item?

We're probably waiting for Analog to wake up........

Pudders

News from Auction headquarters!

Auction threads will go live this evening - once Andy has access to his laptop back from his children!

I'm off to check my bank account!!

karl

karl

Somethings are worth getting in debt for ;)

Analog RH

May 28, 2011, 20:36:39 pm #25 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 20:58:06 pm by Analog Rockin' Hard
Threads will be in Rush News & Chat shortly. :)

UPDATE: 8pm. Threads live. Auctions end 10pm Wednesday. Happy bidding! :)

zoony

I think all of the items are going to go above my league, but i'm more than happy to make a donation. Andy, PM me with your paypal details so i can do it please mate.

spudley

Can I just remind people that tickets for the raffle for my 'nobody beats my sausage' T shirt from Geddy are still available. £1 each. Details are further up this thread. It's all above board and all proceeds to MS Society. My blind dog will be drawing the ticket tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks.

karl

Auction has got out of my league but I've entered the t-shirt raffle.

spudley

Quote from: karl on May 29, 2011, 20:12:21 pm
Auction has got out of my league but I've entered the t-shirt raffle.

Thanks. Nice that my raffle is seen as the last resort  ;) ;D
Good luck! Have DM'd you your numbers.