TNMS Charity Auction

Started by Analog RH, May 23, 2011, 16:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Analog RH

May 23, 2011, 16:45:42 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 17:12:45 pm by Analog Rockin' Hard
Dear all

With a huge amount of thanks to our friends at Anthem, we have a small number of items which we are going to auction off for charity.

The charity which will benefit is the Multiple Sclerosis Society - the UK's largest charity for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS). Details here: http://www.mssociety.org.uk

We will be holding the auction this coming weekend. So start remortgaging your houses, extending your overdraft limits and getting your credit cards ready for a hammering.  ;D

The auction will be happening here on TNMS. Only registered members will be allowed to bid.

There will be other rules, but we haven't thought them up yet.  ;D

The items are:

Remo Snakes & Arrows drum head, signed by Lee Lifeson & Peart

Rush Replay X 3 drum head, signed by The Three Men of Willowdale

Rush Snakes & Arrows stunningly beautiful poster. Number 331 of 500 limited edition. Signed by Dirk, Lerxst & Pratt

2 Rush 7" singles - Caravan / BU2B - Record Store Day limited editions. Sealed.

As well as the auction we will also be inviting all members to make a donation to the MS Society. In the past us TNMSers have raised a shitload of money for charity, and this one is a very worthy cause close to several people's hearts on this site.

Watch this space.

Analog & the Admins

8)

BasspedalMan

Nice one.... wish I wasn't Captain skint of skint terrace, skintsville at the moment....... :(
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

zedskin

Me to... To have it in your grasp and then to lose it... Bummer!!
Jings Crivvens Help ma Boab!!

spudley

May 23, 2011, 21:10:28 pm #3 Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 19:15:05 pm by spudley
Hi
I've had approval from important people on here to raffle, for the same charity, my T-shirt that Geddy threw to me at Sheffield last Monday. It's the Gershons "Nobody Beats my Sausage" design, limited edition, very highly sought after, and only worn once briefly for about 2 minutes by myself, so in perfect condition.
Tickets can be bought for just one English pound..or you can buy two for 2 pounds, or even better value 10 for £10!
If anyone is going to the London meet up perhaps one of you sensible ones  would  be so kind to collect quids from people and get a list of names? I will then let you know what numbers you've been given.  I'll video the draw and get one of my pooches to pick a number at random.
Alternatively, you can pay £1 into my paypal account  kate_hammond1@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you with a ticket number.
I really hope more than 5 of you buy a ticket or else I'll stick a tenner into the charity fund myself and keep the shirt  :D
Be lucky!

Edit: forgot to mention it's size XL. So will probably be waaaay too big for most of you :-)
Ta
Spudley x

Pudders

That's very generous of you Kate!

Analog RH

Quote from: spudley on May 23, 2011, 21:10:28 pm

If anyone is going to the London meet up perhaps one of you sensible ones  would  be so kind to collect quids from people and get a list of names?

As per your conversation with Zedskin, I will be too drunk.

;) ;D

A lovely gesture Kate. Anyone else want to join in? I have the 15th May 2004 edition of Billboard magazine with the 22 page Rush feature I can throw in to the mix........

spudley

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 23, 2011, 22:01:01 pm
As per your conversation with Zedskin, I will be too drunk.

;) ;D

A lovely gesture Kate. Anyone else want to join in? I have the 15th May 2004 edition of Billboard magazine with the 22 page Rush feature I can throw in to the mix........

Ticket sales are already in double figures!!!
Roll up roll up!!!

karl

What a good idea and I like those drum heads  :P
What time is the auction going to be ?
I'm going to a stag do on Saturday night and things could get messy  ;D

Pudders

As many of you know my wife Louise suffers from MS. She is now in the Secondary phase which basically means no remission, although the symptoms do plateau for periods before her condition declines again. The last three to four weeks have been some of the most difficult she has had to cope with - to a degree it affects us all in the family but ultimately it is Lou that has to live with the pain and the fear of what this disease is doing to he body.

Today, as well as being the day Rush end their UK tour with a show at the O2, is also World MS Day. The MS Society is hoping to raise awareness of the disease and to encourage donations to the charity to fund further research into how MS can be combated, treated and, maybe one day, defeated.

I would urge those who can to make a donation via the auction, or the raffle that Kate has set up, in the hope that in the future others will never have to go through what Lou does every hour of every day.

We'll both be there at the show today as Lou's attitude is 'feck it, I'm going', so hope to see you all there.

Thanks - hope I didn't go on too much there......

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjFfbbU2DU&feature=player_embedded

majorkurtz

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 23, 2011, 16:45:42 pm
We will be holding the auction this coming weekend. So start remortgaging your houses, extending your overdraft limits and getting your credit cards ready for a hammering.

Analog & the Admins

Chaps/Chapesses,

Please don't forget that the last shows on the European tour are this Friday and Sunday so it might be appropriate to end the auction at noon on Monday?

Raza
I want your RUSH ticket stubs because I am a sad collector

Analog RH

Quote from: majorkurtz on May 25, 2011, 12:21:23 pm
Chaps/Chapesses,

Please don't forget that the last shows on the European tour are this Friday and Sunday so it might be appropriate to end the auction at noon on Monday?

Raza

Good idea chap. We'll leave things open until after the weekend. :)

spudley

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 26, 2011, 17:47:36 pm
Good idea chap. We'll leave things open until after the weekend. :)

In that case I'll do the draw for the T-shirt on Monday.
The nice people at Paypal suspended my account today as they said I was in breach of their rules by running a lottery. I'm not sure how they even found out. Anyway, my account has been reactivated as I signed an agreement to say I wasn't running a lottery. So, if any more of you would like to pay me some money by Paypal (details above) I will sell you a small piece of paper with a number on it, you might also get a T-shirt that Geddy Lee gave to me personally.

I'd like one of the mods/admins on here to contact me if possible so I can show that all the proceeds are going to charity and who has what numbered pieces of paper so you can ensure it's not rigged.

Analog RH

Quote from: spudley on May 26, 2011, 18:55:38 pm
I'd like one of the mods/admins on here to contact me if possible so I can show that all the proceeds are going to charity and who has what numbered pieces of paper so you can ensure it's not rigged.

No probs Spudders. I'm happy to do that with you. :)

Another prize being added to the auction - an A4 photo book being donated by MickPaz containing a selection of his photos from the Dublin, Glasgow, Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle and London shows on the Time Machine Tour. Cheers Mick!

Bez

Is there an online option to donate direct that means the charity gets the tax back ?

I'm not interested in the Rush shit  ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Main Monkey Business

what is the bidding process / payment for the signed items?