"Why Pink Floyd?"

Started by Analog RH, May 10, 2011, 15:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

I'm going to need to free up lots of space on a hard drive and get my download ratios up !
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

Quote from: Bez on May 11, 2011, 08:22:28 am
I'm going to need to free up lots of space on a hard drive and get my download ratios up !

quite possibly... ::) ::)
From the Land of Honest Men.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Silversky

Those immersion editions look very nice indeed, I wonder how much they'll be selling at.

döm

I'm not sure how much but this seems appropriate

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

BaldiePete

Quote from: Pudders on May 11, 2011, 08:08:30 am

It looks like basic albums are the same re-master that has been available for years but the Experience editions, paired with stuff like the above at a reasonable price, are very interesting. The big box sets have amongst other things 5.1 mixes - which makes the Wish You Were Here bank busting edition VERY tempting to start with - but I'm pleased that it looks like the live stuff that Floyd fans have for years been crying out for is going to be available without having to buy a Wilsonesque box set.

I think when they say "original remastered album" they actually mean the new remaster. "Original" would be the album of material that was originally released, in contrast to the disc of bonus material.

Pudders

Quote from: Silversky on May 11, 2011, 18:15:13 pm
Those immersion editions look very nice indeed, I wonder how much they'll be selling at.

Amazon have them cheap - £93.

JonL

40th in December.
Sod the watch!
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Pudders

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 11, 2011, 19:36:30 pm
I think when they say "original remastered album" they actually mean the new remaster. "Original" would be the album of material that was originally released, in contrast to the disc of bonus material.

Hmmm - yes you might be right actually. I thought I'd read somewhere that they were the last set of remasters. Searching for the answer to that I did come across a comment on Brain Damage that WYWH is to get a separate 5.1 release on SACD as well......

Neph

Quote from: Pudders on May 11, 2011, 20:23:46 pm
Amazon have them cheap - £93.

At that price I won't be buying all 3 at once, one every few months will be fine.
#herewego10inarow

Pudders

Quote from: Neph on May 11, 2011, 21:59:24 pm
At that price I won't be buying all 3 at once, one every few months will be fine.

Conveniently they are releasing them about 6/8 weeks apart which I think is very thoughtful - at least that's how I'm trying to sell it to the wife ;D ;) Anybody know a friend in the states that can order them off Amazon.com? Must be cheaper!

When do you move CQ? :-* ;)

Straight Shooter

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 11, 2011, 06:27:24 am
Excellent idea. I love that track.

Was already added to the 2004 remaster......  ::) ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Pudders

Quote from: Straight Shooter on May 12, 2011, 01:08:31 am
Was already added to the 2004 remaster......  ::) ;)

.........of the wrong album ;)

karl

Quote from: Pudders on May 12, 2011, 07:54:10 am
.........of the wrong album ;)

The song was written at the same time as The Wall,  but was rejected by the other members of the band on the grounds that it was too personal.   :) It was  included in the movie version of The Wall and first released as a separate track on a 7" single  on mine it is labelled "Taken from the album The Final Cut" but was not included on that album until the 2004 CD reissue.
Perhaps it was too personal for the Final Cut too !  :)

Pudders

Quote from: karl on May 12, 2011, 11:01:58 am
The song was written at the same time as The Wall,  but was rejected by the other members of the band on the grounds that it was too personal.   :) It was  included in the movie version of The Wall and first released as a separate track on a 7" single  on mine it is labelled "Taken from the album The Final Cut" but was not included on that album until the 2004 CD reissue.
Perhaps it was too personal for the Final Cut too !  :)

I remember my original vinyl edition of The Wall had the lyrics on the inner sleeve - the whole album couldn't get any more personal could it! Have to say it seems to 'fit' well on The final Cut......