KK Downing quits Priest

Started by Andrew_Haldane, April 20, 2011, 16:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_LDT

Obviously not selling well at all if they're slashing prices like that.

Serves 'em right though. I've also read somewhere that they WILL continue to play select gigs (short mini-tours) which to me means they've gone back on the original statement. I bet some fans are well pissed off about that (plus KK leaving as well).

Slim

This just came up on my YouTube suggestions:

Jonners

Had an invite last week to the event with him, Ripper, Dave Ellefson and Les Binks!
The new songs are an abomination

Nick

Enjoyed that..it helps he's kept his hair.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Things went tits up with his golf course project at Astbury hall, which is 3 miles from me. It appears he got shafted by some investors, and lost a lot of money, and the golf course. He rents a house by where my late best mate, Iantheholte's mom lives now in our village, and Ian's brother Phil told me the other week that KK had took some rubbish to the tip for her. Just as a coincidence, Breaking The Law is playing on Planet Rock as I type this.

Slim

Sorry to hear that. I'd definitely rather see this new band than the current Judas Priest and it has (to my mind) at least as much claim on a notion of being "authentic".

The other guitar player's no Glenn Tipton though and although he pulls off the solo it doesn't have the same musicality or panache.

Planning to start reading KK's autobiography soon.

Jonners

Yep, i would like to read his book, proper hero of mine
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on November 14, 2019, 14:55:50 pmYep, i would like to read his book, proper hero of mine
I suppose I could get it signed for you mate as he's only down the road from me 😉.

Slim

I started reading his book (the Kindle version, hard to autograph). His dad was a really strange bloke, that's what I've got out of it so far.

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.