TNMS Offline time and missing posts

Started by Stewart, February 14, 2011, 17:26:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

I deleted it earlier this morning, no-one uses it and it's taking up valuable resources (it hasn't caused the issues but likewise it hasn't helped to have such space dedicated for an area that doesn't get used), was just about to come in here to post the news.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

zoony

Quote from: Chris Quartly on March 21, 2011, 15:59:06 pm
I deleted it earlier this morning, no-one uses it and it's taking up valuable resources (it hasn't caused the issues but likewise it hasn't helped to have such space dedicated for an area that doesn't get used), was just about to come in here to post the news.

Fair enough mate, as they say "if you don't use it, you lose it".

Richard_2112

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

captainkurtz

Where we used to talk about tits and stuff.
Anger is a gift.

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 21, 2011, 21:17:11 pm
But you can talk about U2 anywhere on the site ;) ;D

Richard_2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 21, 2011, 21:17:11 pm

In light of this I demand that the Basement be brought back and I be given access to it!  ;)
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

Quote from: Richard_2112 on March 22, 2011, 01:06:31 am
In light of this I demand that the Basement be brought back and I be given access to it!  ;)

It was very active at one time mate, but no one had posted in there since july, so you can't blame Q for scrubbing it.

Pudders

I imagine that we have given up on the missing posts - won't it cause more trouble than it's worth to get them back now - or could they be 'merged' in....?

Chris Quartly

Stew's ill at the moment unfortunately, the hosting company are crap and this is the last backup they have but we supposedly have something newer, it's all a pain in the arse!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Fishy

they don't sound very ITIL compliant...:(
From the Land of Honest Men.

Analog RH

Quote from: Bez on March 21, 2011, 08:25:21 am
Any news on this Andy ?

Quote from: Pudders on March 22, 2011, 21:03:40 pm
I imagine that we have given up on the missing posts - won't it cause more trouble than it's worth to get them back now - or could they be 'merged' in....?

Quote from: Chris Quartly on March 22, 2011, 21:56:33 pm
Stew's ill at the moment unfortunately, the hosting company are crap and this is the last backup they have but we supposedly have something newer, it's all a pain in the arse!

As Q said, Stew is poorly but he did send me this by email today -

Yo
I've been in bed for 2 days with virus from hell :(
Re TNMS it seems the backup they (the hosting company) did on the 19th (March) was after the db got flattened, so nope (re missing posts) - fecked
Not sure what to do on this, will wait till better before proper discussion however
Stew

Pudders

Thanks guys - at least we know where we stand now, what a pain in the arse though....

Analog RH

March 22, 2011, 22:28:56 pm #27 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 22:36:51 pm by Analog Rockin' Hard
Quote from: Pudders on March 22, 2011, 22:13:19 pm
Thanks guys - at least we know where we stand now, what a pain in the arse though....

Its shite.

There will be an Admin pow-wow when Stew is better for sure. He is techy guru and too busy these days with his work to spend much time here. Considering (a) the constraints on Stew's time, (b) the fact Q might be "busy" from late summer / early Autumn (  ;) ;D), (c) that Dods is frequently not around and (d) that I know less about the "back end" of this site than Zoony.... and may well be very busy myself in a few months time.... well let's just say I would like to see TNMS be more self-maintaining in the future without regular downtime or missing posts.......

BaldiePete

Would we get better service from a hosting company if we could pay a bit more for the service ?

döm

More downtime and another week of threads vanished

Anyone know when this might get resolved ?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!