TNMS Offline time and missing posts

Started by Stewart, February 14, 2011, 17:26:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stewart

Hey All,
As you know TNMS has been offline for about 36 hours now, this is down to our host LOSING/CORRUPTING/BLANKING the Database that the site runs with.

As a result they could only restore a version from Feb 10th, so we've lost about 2-3 days worth of posts, sorry about that, but there's nothing we could do.

I am going to look at doing nightly backups myself to save us this shite in future if it happens.

Stew

pdw1

Thanks for getting the site back up.  I was suffering withdraw symptoms all weekend :(
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Stewart

When did it go down? as no one seems to know :-/

geo

i think it was  saturday nite between 7 and 10 oclock.

Reg

Thanks for all your work behind the scenes Stewart - I know you've got a busy life too!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Neillwith2Ls

Thanks for the info Stew, and for the hard work sorting it out :)
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

zoony

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on February 14, 2011, 20:09:41 pm
Thanks for the info Stew, and for the hard work sorting it out :)


Here here, thanks Stew.

Analog RH

Quote from: Stewart on February 14, 2011, 17:26:00 pm
Hey All,
As you know TNMS has been offline for about 36 hours now, this is down to our host LOSING/CORRUPTING/BLANKING the Database that the site runs with.
Stew


This happened again early on Saturday morning.

Stewart spent a good chunk of the weekend at war with our hosting company JustHost (I've seen the emails!).

I imagine the recent outages will lead to us moving host at some point soon.

Watch this space.

ARH

döm

Is there any hope of getting back the last month's worth of posts - or are they gone for good ?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Analog RH

Quote from: dom on March 20, 2011, 12:43:25 pm
Is there any hope of getting back the last month's worth of posts - or are they gone for good ?


Good question. I'm sure Stewart will answer it when he is next online.

zoony

Quote from: dom on March 20, 2011, 12:43:25 pm
Is there any hope of getting back the last month's worth of posts - or are they gone for good ?


I know it's no one on heres fault, but it's annoying when the posts go missing, as you lose track of the threads!

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on March 20, 2011, 19:01:42 pm
I know it's no one on heres fault, but it's annoying when the posts go missing, as you lose track of the threads!


Quite Rob; my last few match reports have disappeared...  :-\
The keys to happiness

Dods

Quote from: zoony on March 20, 2011, 19:01:42 pm
I know it's no one on heres fault, but it's annoying when the posts go missing, as you lose track of the threads!

Indeed it is mate.

All the admins are in discussion regarding this issue as obviously this cannot go on.

Bez

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on March 20, 2011, 12:46:40 pm
Good question. I'm sure Stewart will answer it when he is next online.


Any news on this Andy ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

dwtty

Not that it really matters but has the Basement gone or just my ability to see it?
Never trust a man with a weak chin.