• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 24, 2019, 05:33:15 am

Doctor Who

Started by Reg, December 25, 2010, 21:12:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Er, fiancee is hubby now.  DO pay attention!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andy42g

Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Spud

I know there'll be plenty on here saying Old Dr Who good.....etc but Matt Smith could leave a legacy as the best doctor in my opinion.  I grew up with Tom Baker and still think he's brilliant when i see the old shows, however Matt Smith is certainly up there.   

Jack (my 5 yeard old) had a behind the sofa moment when the alien was in the "restroom".  He usually sits with me when it gets scary but this was too much for him.    :D

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Andy42g on April 26, 2011, 12:16:10 pm
And Matt Smith simply is the doctor now.

He reminds me a bit of Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Used to love Dr Who as a kid, its just such a quintessentially British creation. Anything Cool, stylish, (even naff) and distinctly British/English was virtually guaranteed to attract my attention and loyalty to this day;  UFO, the Quatermass films, The Prisoner, Department S, Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased), The Saint, The Double-Deckers, The Survivors, The Sweeney, The Ealing Comedies, Black Adder, Pogles Wood, Mary, Mungo and Midge, The Clangors, Bag Puss, Mr Ben, Joe 90 I could go on and on.... Can't seem to warm to post Tom Baker Doctor Whos though :-\

Andy42g

Quote from: Bisto on April 26, 2011, 13:56:37 pm
Used to love Dr Who as a kid, its just such a quintessentially British creation. Anything Cool, stylish, (even naff) and distinctly British/English was virtually guaranteed to attract my attention and loyalty to this day;  UFO, the Quatermass films, The Prisoner, Department S, Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased), The Saint, The Double-Deckers, The Survivors, The Sweeney, The Ealing Comedies, Black Adder, Pogles Wood, Mary, Mungo and Midge, The Clangors, Bag Puss, Mr Ben, Joe 90 I could go on and on....

Best not to - you've embarrassed yourself there quite enough already.  8)  ;D

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Andy42g on April 26, 2011, 16:13:43 pm
Best not to - you've embarrassed yourself there quite enough already.  8)  ;D

Au contraire Blackadder!  way past caring or apologising for my taste or lack of it ;D

Chris Quartly

I'm slightly in the Bisto camp here, though my love of Doctor Who started with Pertwee and I even thought Sylvester McCoy was great, but since the reboot I haven't been able to muster any enthusiasm for it, I tried the first few episodes with Ecclestone (sp?) and it did nothing for me and I just feel like I'm too far removed from it all to try again. But the new redhead is pretty...
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Richard_2112

Wow!

Just, Bloody. WOW! Cannot wait to see how this resolves itself now! A Time Lord child! Bring it on!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Andy42g

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 01, 2011, 01:18:27 am
Wow!

Just, Bloody. WOW! Cannot wait to see how this resolves itself now! A Time Lord child! Bring it on!

Indeed. Very, very good - all sorts going on in that one. The aliens were incredibly creepy as well.

Nïckslïkk2112

Disjointed piffle, albeit nicely glossy piffle.
Legend in my own Mind

andyhaines

Quote from: Chris Quartly on April 27, 2011, 17:42:40 pmI even thought Sylvester McCoy was great,

Chris, please tell me you were stoned when you posted that. :-[

;) ;D

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Chris Quartly

I was only a nipper when he became the Dr, admittedly! I haven't watched any of that series since it aired but remember it fondly. :)
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Reg

Amy Pond with wet hair.  Oh my.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andy42g

Enjoyed again. Kids watched this one too.

Spud

A bit so-so this one.  In fact i nearly fell asleep but that might have been down to the 8 miile run i did at 8am and 3 hours of ironing in the aftie!