Doctor Who

Started by Reg, December 25, 2010, 22:12:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Er, fiancee is hubby now.  DO pay attention!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andy42g

Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Spud

I know there'll be plenty on here saying Old Dr Who good.....etc but Matt Smith could leave a legacy as the best doctor in my opinion.  I grew up with Tom Baker and still think he's brilliant when i see the old shows, however Matt Smith is certainly up there.   

Jack (my 5 yeard old) had a behind the sofa moment when the alien was in the "restroom".  He usually sits with me when it gets scary but this was too much for him.    :D

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Andy42g on April 26, 2011, 13:16:10 pm
And Matt Smith simply is the doctor now.

He reminds me a bit of Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Used to love Dr Who as a kid, its just such a quintessentially British creation. Anything Cool, stylish, (even naff) and distinctly British/English was virtually guaranteed to attract my attention and loyalty to this day;  UFO, the Quatermass films, The Prisoner, Department S, Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased), The Saint, The Double-Deckers, The Survivors, The Sweeney, The Ealing Comedies, Black Adder, Pogles Wood, Mary, Mungo and Midge, The Clangors, Bag Puss, Mr Ben, Joe 90 I could go on and on.... Can't seem to warm to post Tom Baker Doctor Whos though :-\

Andy42g

Quote from: Bisto on April 26, 2011, 14:56:37 pm
Used to love Dr Who as a kid, its just such a quintessentially British creation. Anything Cool, stylish, (even naff) and distinctly British/English was virtually guaranteed to attract my attention and loyalty to this day;  UFO, the Quatermass films, The Prisoner, Department S, Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased), The Saint, The Double-Deckers, The Survivors, The Sweeney, The Ealing Comedies, Black Adder, Pogles Wood, Mary, Mungo and Midge, The Clangors, Bag Puss, Mr Ben, Joe 90 I could go on and on....

Best not to - you've embarrassed yourself there quite enough already.  8)  ;D

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Andy42g on April 26, 2011, 17:13:43 pm
Best not to - you've embarrassed yourself there quite enough already.  8)  ;D

Au contraire Blackadder!  way past caring or apologising for my taste or lack of it ;D

Chris Quartly

I'm slightly in the Bisto camp here, though my love of Doctor Who started with Pertwee and I even thought Sylvester McCoy was great, but since the reboot I haven't been able to muster any enthusiasm for it, I tried the first few episodes with Ecclestone (sp?) and it did nothing for me and I just feel like I'm too far removed from it all to try again. But the new redhead is pretty...
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Richard_2112

Wow!

Just, Bloody. WOW! Cannot wait to see how this resolves itself now! A Time Lord child! Bring it on!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Andy42g

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 01, 2011, 02:18:27 am
Wow!

Just, Bloody. WOW! Cannot wait to see how this resolves itself now! A Time Lord child! Bring it on!

Indeed. Very, very good - all sorts going on in that one. The aliens were incredibly creepy as well.

Nïckslïkk2112

Disjointed piffle, albeit nicely glossy piffle.
Legend in my own Mind

andyhaines

Quote from: Chris Quartly on April 27, 2011, 18:42:40 pmI even thought Sylvester McCoy was great,

Chris, please tell me you were stoned when you posted that. :-[

;) ;D

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Chris Quartly

I was only a nipper when he became the Dr, admittedly! I haven't watched any of that series since it aired but remember it fondly. :)
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Reg

Amy Pond with wet hair.  Oh my.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andy42g

Enjoyed again. Kids watched this one too.

Spud

A bit so-so this one.  In fact i nearly fell asleep but that might have been down to the 8 miile run i did at 8am and 3 hours of ironing in the aftie!