Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 8966 times)

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2019, 20:03:02 PM »
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/doctor-who/278381/doctor-who-season-11-resolution-review

In particular:

Perhaps the most divisive of these moments will be the idea that a single Dalek mutant, because it’s special in some way, is capable of borderline magic. We’ve seen Daleks do some pretty spectacular things over the years as the series has sought to keep them empowered and, therefore, scary. A single touch from Rose was enough to rebuild a broken travel machine. Dalek Sek managed to subsume an adult human during the oft-maligned "Daleks In Manhattan." And yet, for all of that, it still feels a bit off that a Dalek mutant can survive being chopped into thirds, taken to the very ends of the Earth like it’s a video game superweapon, and then teleport its trifurcated tentacles back together because somebody slapped it on a tanning bed.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2019, 20:38:41 PM »
Fair points Reg and well articulated. I can't disagree with any oc that. Very true about the Dalek fleet. I kind of rationalised it by assuming thst they can time travel. That being the case (can they?), then they will never actually die out. (Probably thats a little simplistic of me but hey-ho

I thought the dialogue and action were much improved on recent episodes and I really enjoyed the cobbled together Dalek (although my belief suspension was sorely tested when he was able to fly!)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2019, 22:24:32 PM »
Fair points Reg and well articulated. I can't disagree with any oc that. Very true about the Dalek fleet. I kind of rationalised it by assuming thst they can time travel. That being the case (can they?), then they will never actually die out. (Probably thats a little simplistic of me but hey-ho

I thought the dialogue and action were much improved on recent episodes and I really enjoyed the cobbled together Dalek (although my belief suspension was sorely tested when he was able to fly!)
Ahem, it's a kid's programme  ;) ;D

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2019, 22:19:50 PM »
****** SPOILERS!!! *******

The Dr is have a human type with two hearts who can change genders and can regenerate into another body, travel through time and space and has a space machine that is bigger on the inside then on the outside and you are worried about certain parts of the plot not adding up? ok

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27:33 AM »

The Dr is have a human type with two hearts who can change genders and can regenerate into another body, travel through time and space and has a space machine that is bigger on the inside then on the outside and you are worried about certain parts of the plot not adding up? ok

Oh dear.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide