Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Liver and onions, potatoes and swede mashed together, Romanescu cauliflower, mange tout. Onion gravy poured over it. Bloody scrumptious it was as well 😋.

Nick

Not had liver since I was a child, I enjoy the world of gastronomy but liver and kidneys I can't be doing with, strange as I like black pudding.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pxr5

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2020, 19:52:19 pmNot had liver since I was a child, I enjoy the world of gastronomy but liver and kidneys I can't be doing with, strange as I like black pudding.
I'm a liver and kidney lover too. I didn't know I had anything in common with Vic Reeves, but he was on Saturday Kitchen this morning and his heaven and hell were same as mine. I.e. Heaven - Liver and onions, Hell - Pasta.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on October 10, 2020, 21:36:29 pmI'm a liver and kidney lover too. I didn't know I had anything in common with Vic Reeves, but he was on Saturday Kitchen this morning and his heaven and hell were same as mine. I.e. Heaven - Liver and onions, Hell - Pasta.
Much as I love Jim, I voted hell, as I prefer Pasta to Liver - though I am partial to deep fried Chicken Livers.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Anna Woriboutchu

I love liver and onions. When I was younger my family used to love tripe stewed with onions and potatoes. I've revisited this dish over the years to check if my taste has changed as I've grown older, but I still can't stand it. I think it's the texture rather than the taste. Always feels a bit knitted to me. The stock it makes is acceptable though.

zoony

Baked beans and scrambled eggs on toasted seeded bread. I have this about once a week. A fairly healthy and satisfying meal.

Bisto

Home made beef stew with parsley dumplings and garlic butter swede and potato mash
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

Quote from: Bisto on October 11, 2020, 21:20:28 pmHome made beef stew with parsley dumplings and garlic butter swede and potato mash
I keep hinting at Wendy that it's time for a some stews to start hitting the menu!

Nick

Quote from: zoony on October 12, 2020, 12:54:11 pmI keep hinting at Wendy that it's time for a some stews to start hitting the menu!
Do you cook Zoony?

zoony

Quote from: Nick on October 12, 2020, 12:57:59 pmDo you cook Zoony?
No mate, even though I love watching cookery programmes! Occasionally I do some tandoori chicken with a marinade made from a recipe that a mate at work gave me. That's about it though.

Nick

zoony

A lovely lage bowl of beef stew. Packed with carrots, parsnips, swede, onions and peas. Couple of thick pieces of seeded brown bread to dip in it as well.

Bez

Orange Club biscuits

On offer in my local Co-Op the other day (£1 for 8 )

They still have that artificial, slightly bitter taste and there's less chocolate than I remember, but I managed to polish off all 8 yesterday afternoon... 8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on Yesterday at 09:05:55Orange Club biscuits

On offer in my local Co-Op the other day (£1 for 8 )

They still have that artificial, slightly bitter taste and there's less chocolate than I remember, but I managed to polish off all 8 yesterday afternoon... 8)
:o 
Why on earth would you want to eat a whole pack of Club biscuits in one afternoon? Did you still enjoy dinner?

zoony

Quote from: Bez on Yesterday at 09:05:55Orange Club biscuits

On offer in my local Co-Op the other day (£1 for 8 )

Take it steady mate, you know how I ended up doing things like that.