Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Didn't miss the meat last night. Will be having some tonight though.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

The Letter R

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2020, 20:28:48 pmTofu, green beans, chick pea, onion and chili plus Lloyd Grossman Bhuna curry sauce. Served with basmati rice.
Spare toilet paper at the ready!! ;-)

Nick

What i fail to understand with the new veggie/vegan products finding their way to the supermarket shelves is why they insist on saying meat free sausage or burger or trying to make them look like some form of meat.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2020, 15:04:08 pmWhat i fail to understand with the new veggie/vegan products finding their way to the supermarket shelves is why they insist on saying meat free sausage or burger or trying to make them look like some form of meat.
Quite. I suppose it's a bit like them trying to persuade smokers to carry on smoking, but through vapes rather than cigarettes. :-\

As much as I like meat, a place near my work place does some outstanding giant tortilla wraps - I've had their Greek salad wrap (of course!) twice this week. 

Partisanship aside, the feta cheese is divine, the salad is wonderfully fresh and the yoghurt sauce rounds it off beautifully. A bargain at £3.50 a pop. :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Turkey breast and sweet piccali on seeded rolls with some Vittoria tomatoes on the side.

Nick

Sardines,garlic,chili,rocket with olive oil and lemon dressing served on toasted olive bread. Nice quick homemade lunch.

Nick

Veg night.. ikea veg balls fried with sugar free Lloyd Grossman basil and Tom sauce, plus garlic, Chili, red onion, spinach, brocolli and Parmesan with soughdough garlic bread. Perhaps the best veg meal made yet.

zoony

Pork belly draught, swede/potato mash (70% swede) and organic carrots, smeared with mustard and a generous covering of gravy.

Nick

Tried cooking some Polish pierogi dumplings for lunch with a splash of Chili oil and parsley.

Nick

Veg night .. tried Quorn for the first time ever. Made a Thai green curry with Quorn "pieces", looked like Chicken and had a slightly softer texture, an excellent meal. 

Very impressed with that and can easily see how this is a palatable meat substitute.

zoony

Chicken breasts with a covering of spinach, ricotta and a crispy crumb, served with sweet potato wedges, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2020, 20:55:42 pmVeg night .. tried Quorn for the first time ever. Made a Thai green curry with Quorn "pieces", looked like Chicken and had a slightly softer texture, an excellent meal.

Very impressed with that and can easily see how this is a palatable meat substitute.
We like it in stir fry's too

zoony

Rice with mixed peppers, then covered with steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, and a chicken Madras curry over the top of it.

Nick

Veg night - Quorn "mince" Spaghetti Bolognese with salad and homemade garlic bread. Again not bad at all, going to try a chilli con Quorn next week.

Nick

Veg night..Quorn red Thai curry..same as previous green Thai curry but red.