Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 18, 2019, 20:26:20 pmBattered cod, chips and mushy peas. Friday comfort food. 😊
Sometimes just nothing else will do mate 🙂.

Nick

Moules mariniere.. with crusty bread and white wine. Such an easy and quick meal to make.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Pulled pork, roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots, followed by a sticky toffee pudding with (naughty, naughty) double cream.

Divine.

But the training regime starts again tomorrow. 😏
The keys to happiness

Reg

I made a rather spiffing Pear and Ginger Crumble a little while back. With custard.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

zoony

Quote from: Reg on October 21, 2019, 22:30:18 pmI made a rather spiffing Pear and Ginger Crumble a little while back. With custard.
I love pear and ginger, but I've been avoiding all puddings, sweets, cake, custard etc since my heart attack. Have to admit that the cravings are still there though! I know what's best for me in the long run though.

Matt2112

Having to prepare mine and the little un's evening meals meself this week.

So there will be nothing worth reporting.  :D
The keys to happiness

zoony

Baked hake, pieces of potato, chorizo, onion and peppers coated in turmeric and roasted, and some edamame beans.

Nïckslïkk2112

Edamame beans !?!?!?! Bloody Hell Zooners, never had you down as an Edamame bean man!

Tesco used to do a nice side dish of Edamame beans, Feta and chilli. Must see if they still do.
Legend in my own Mind

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on October 25, 2019, 20:21:51 pmEdamame beans !?!?!?! Bloody Hell Zooners, never had you down as an Edamame bean man!

They were OK mate. I've noticed them a couple of times in Sainsburys recently, so thought I'd try them. Wendy didn't realise they had to be fried until she was about to put the tub in the microwave.

zoony

A lovely roast pork dinner with a bit of crackling as a treat 🙂.

zoony

Had a couple of quality fish cakes in breadcrumbs and filled with a spicy chilli sauce for my tea last night. Served with oven baked sweet potato, carrot and parsnip fries  and sweetcorn with peppers.

zoony

Nothing simpler than cheddar and onion on seeded brown bread with some red and yellow vine tomatoes on the side.

zoony

Grilled bacon on toasted seeded bread, with a tin of peeled plum tomatoes on the top.

DavidL

Great dinners two days running. Last night we had teryaki sea bass fillets with spring onions and peppers on a bed of noodles. Tonight we enjoyed one of my wife's exceptional roast dinners. Loin of pork, stuffing, yorkshires and loads of veg. And tomorrow I've got bubble and squeak with cold pork and baked beans to look forward to!
#lovemygrub