Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

It's basically the same,  Chinese seaweed is not seaweed but spring greens.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nick

Chicken cacciatore.. I added garlic, Chilli, broad beans and mushrooms, served with mash embedded with spring onions and Parmesan. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chickenalocacciatore_70349

Nick

First stew of the Autumn, beef, veg and dumplings with a side of kimchi. Works well together.

zoony

September 30, 2019, 18:05:48 pm #678 Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:46:23 am by zoony
Baked smoked haddock, sweet potato wedges and spaghetti hoops.

The Letter R

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2019, 09:00:43 amIt's basically the same,  Chinese seaweed is not seaweed but spring greens.
That explains it then :-)

zoony

Just had a generous helping of the first stew of the autumn, dumplings as well. Bloody lovely 🙂.

Nick

Dumplings are a very under used ingredient I think.

Matt2112

Tender chicken thighs; with vegetables grown and picked by the little un's Cypriot grandma's own fair hand. Poly calo! :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

Had a splendid carvery yesterday at my sister in laws 60th birthday meal.

pxr5

Reg

A couple of visits to Coffee Barker in Cardiff (Castle Arcade) over the last 2 days, plus my first Vietnamese coffee this morning at Hanoi 1991 in Royal Arcade.

It was a choice between that and Uncommon Ground Roastery, also in Royal Arcade but I thought I would a bit adventurous and try the Vietnamese.

I quite enjoyed it, and treated myself to a "Phin" - the small metal filter that is used to make the coffee, to add to my ever growing coffee making kit collection.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

zoony

Some very nice chicken legs that I'd had soaking in my home made marinade for 2 and a half days.

zoony

Looking forward to my tea tonight. Baked haddock, butternut squash slices and a green vegetable medley of broccoli, green beans and peas.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on Yesterday at 14:55:43Looking forward to my tea tonight. Baked haddock, butternut squash slices and a green vegetable medley of broccoli, green beans and peas.
And very nice it was too 🙂.

Matt2112

Battered cod, chips and mushy peas. Friday comfort food. 😊
The keys to happiness