Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bisto

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Straight Shooter

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Matt2112

Good old bangers and mash with lashings of gravy. 😬👌🏻
The keys to happiness

zoony

I'm patiently waiting for Simmers latest review of fine dining that he put on FB yesterday.

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 28, 2019, 23:19:49 pmGood old bangers and mash with lashings of gravy. 😬👌🏻
Haven't had a sausage since my heart attack mate, along with several other things that I used to eat regularly.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on August 29, 2019, 15:48:28 pmHaven't had a sausage since my heart attack mate, along with several other things that I used to eat regularly.

And you're much better off for it, Rob. :)

Got to say my evening meal is usually something a bit more "Mediterranean", so anything traditionally "British" is a bit of a treat..! 😬😉
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 30, 2019, 00:56:04 amAnd you're much better off for it, Rob. :)

Got to say my evening meal is usually something a bit more "Mediterranean", so anything traditionally "British" is a bit of a treat..! 😬😉
Not long had my weekly treat mate, a taste of the orient 😉.

The Letter R

My first attempt at making Ginger Nut biscuits at the weekend.
Result - my maths to covert gas heat to electric was a little off so they cooked quicker than expected and were subsequently a little over-done on their bases, still OK to eat though. I think I also need to up the ginger dose to the recipe as not enough ginger "punch" for me.
All in all a good first effort even though I say so myself.

zoony

Cheddar, plum tomato and spring onion on fresh cut seeded granary bread.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

zoony

Sweet chilli flavoured chicken breast slices on seeded rolls with piccali.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Nick

Box of sushi from Marks and Spencer. Always feels healthy.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Shepherd's pie with garlic bread. 

("Garlic bread??! Garlic?? And bread??!" Etc) :)
The keys to happiness

The Letter R

Had deep fried Kale whilst on holiday in Devon last week - beautiful!! - not unlike Seaweed you get in a Chinese.