Simple pleasures - food and drink - fifth course

Started by Reg, December 04, 2010, 18:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Brought back two bottles of red from Kefalonia.  I was of the understanding that both were Kefalonian, but I think something was perhaps lost in translation (I wasn't trying to speak Greek - maybe next year) and one of them was from some other part of Greece.  

Anyway, tried a bit of that one last night; now, Greece isn't exactly famed for its wine and, to be honest, this was evidence of why and wasn't very good.  Not undrinkable, just a bit cheap and lifeless.

Hopefully the Kefalonian will be much better.
The keys to happiness

Nick

Found the almost perfect pint in Montenegro for one of our members.

IMG_3349" />
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Making my rustic spaghetti bolognese later. Using a Dolmio smoked garlic sauce with some lean mince, I add fresh garlic, a red and a green chilli, some sliced baby plum tomatoes and some sliced chestnut mushrooms. Served with wholemeal spaghetti.

Nick

Sounds nice Zoony. I usually use the same sauce but recently have found the jar sauces too sweet. Now i just use a bit of sundried tomato paste and a tin of chopped toms or passata, plus lots of garlic!!
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2019, 16:59:59 pmSounds nice Zoony. I usually use the same sauce but recently have found the jar sauces too sweet. Now i just use a bit of sundried tomato paste and a tin of chopped toms or passata, plus lots of garlic!!
It was nice mate, and when I was making it I noticed that it was actually a Lloyd Grossman sauce, which I find are usually the tastiest.

zoony

Just had grilled pilchards on toast for my break at work.

Bisto

UFO - Strangers in the night Japanese pressing 1979
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on August 25, 2019, 13:44:14 pmUFO - Strangers in the night Japanese pressing 1979
Play it...don't eat it!!  ;D

zoony

Quote from: Bisto on August 25, 2019, 13:44:14 pmUFO - Strangers in the night Japanese pressing 1979
Lol, not the first one to post in the wrong thread mate 😉.

Bisto

Quote from: zoony on August 26, 2019, 09:44:19 amLol, not the first one to post in the wrong thread mate 😉.
How do you know I didn't eat it?😬

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

Straight Shooter

Quote from: zoony on August 27, 2019, 04:10:32 amWell there is that I suppose!
He maybe ate it with a Cherry on the top...... 😉
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Bisto

Quote from: Straight Shooter on August 27, 2019, 08:16:06 amHe maybe ate it with a Cherry on the top...... 😉

I did...with the lights out😬😉

Straight Shooter

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Bisto