• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 16, 2019, 15:47:39 pm

2011 UK Tour Confirmed

Started by Spirit of Rich, November 19, 2010, 06:05:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: dom on November 20, 2010, 20:42:16 pm
If demand is very high they could always add on another date.  Given that they're coming to the island I'm surprised that they're not playing in the Odyssey too
On the last tour they were only down for one show in each city then started adding a second night to some eg. 2 nights in London so you could be right if the demand is high. As for the Odyssey, I was suprised they were coming here at all!

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: NeilP on November 20, 2010, 20:37:11 pm
doesn't that depend on how many are standing in the front (up to 8000) when they remove the retractable seating?
This is from the Dublin 02 website -  Tier 1- 4,047 / Tier 2&3 - 3,691 / standing - 1,365

döm

From wiki

The arena has a capacity of over 14,000 (standing) or 9,500 (seated). Retractable seating may be withdrawn to create space for 8,000 standing in front of the stage, with the remainder seated. The furthest seat is 60 metres from the stage, 20 metres closer than in The Point.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

jarvo

anyone looking forward to Dublin going from the UK better take plenty of cash! The euro has killed it! £5 a pint upwards

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: jarvo on November 21, 2010, 09:52:42 am
anyone looking forward to Dublin going from the UK better take plenty of cash! The euro has killed it! £5 a pint upwards

Went there a couple of years ago before the world wide recession but well into Irelands......... a Pint of Guinness/Cup of Coffee was £4 then

Rrroooaaarrr

Hey, our economy's going down the toilet like a lot of other countries. I've only been to one concert this year - Gil Scott Heron for 30euro but next year there's  Rush, Journey/Foreigner, Roger Waters and more with ticket's from 60 - 110 euros! Thank God I don't drink......but my damn cigars are costing enough!!

Lucy

deffo London for me
somone has just offered to get me a Brum ticket - so I said  - oh ok then! I'll have to drive to that one as it's a Sunday.
Seriously thinking of doing Glasgow - I've never been there. Need peeps to sit with though.  ;D ;D
Cut to the chase

döm

Quote from: faith hope love on November 21, 2010, 12:14:13 pm
Hey, our economy's going down the toilet like a lot of other countries. I've only been to one concert this year - Gil Scott Heron for 30euro but next year there's  Rush, Journey/Foreigner, Roger Waters and more with ticket's from 60 - 110 euros! Thank God I don't drink......but my damn cigars are costing enough!!

Ireland is well ahead in the "Economy going down the toilet Stakes"  Faster and deeper than any other;  actually Iceland and Greece may be ahead but only because it got a head start.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

bnt

However, if the Euro goes down further (which is likely), your pounds will go further next year.
processing ...