Author Topic: The Experience of a Kindle  (Read 4800 times)

Nicola B

• TNMS Member
  • I can but dream..
Re: The Experience of a Kindle
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 18:01:13 PM »
Will be getting back into mine with the holiday period coming up.....really like them for trips away as much easier to carry and now my eyes azren't so ggod can change the font too!
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

Night Flyer

• TNMS Member
  • Why does it happen?...I think i'm going bald!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
I saw a second hand one and smelled it...and nothing.  NAH! Sorry! nothing beats forging around in an alladin's cave for a second hand book that has been read by several generations and never thought it would be passed on only to be passed on for 50p to a whole new world. It just isn't the same.
Forgive your enemies..... It will really annoy them.

JonL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 22:56:05 PM »
I have zero attachment to books, so a Kindle would be ideal for me, if I read enough.
For the record, my book loving wife thinks her new Kindle is the bog's dollocks.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 17:44:57 PM »
I've had my Kindle for about six months now. I'd never have imagined that it would have put me off actual books, but it has (in conjunction with the Cloud Reader application in Chrome, anyway).

Paper books feel so old-fashioned, crude and crap now. The surface looks curvy when you look at it. The pages can go yellow and even fall out. Reading an actual book feels a bit like a hardship now. Like reading web pages from printouts or something.

I think the exception would be big lush coffee table books like the Beatles one from a few years ago.  Kindles don't do big pages with clear colour photos, and the formatting is a bit rudimentary. But even so I'd still prefer to have a big book in a digital form to read on a computer.

I'll probably never buy a hard copy book again. They feel like poor relations of e-books.

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 18:56:36 PM »
hoping for one of Father's day, might have to fund it myself though

JonL

• TNMS Member
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 20:47:40 PM »
I have transferred my current paper read onto  Clare's Kindle. I is a very pleasant experience. May get one.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.