Author Topic: Darts  (Read 18636 times)

Neph

• TNMS Member
  • #stripthetitles
Re: Darts
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 20:41:59 PM »
If you listen to Waddell for any length of time you realise what a pile of pish he spouts but darts just wouldn't be the same without him.
#herewego10inarow

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 21:26:20 PM »
Sad news, all the best to Sid.

Neph

• TNMS Member
  • #stripthetitles
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 21:29:23 PM »

Simon Whitlock seems pleased to have met me at last............or perhaps he dazzled by my big shiny heid.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:51:44 AM by Neph »
#herewego10inarow

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 20:18:59 PM »

Simon Whitlock seems pleased to have met me at last............or perhaps he dazzled by my big shiny heid.

Nice one, where was that then Neph? Martin "Wolfie" Adams is appearing at Bridgnorth, 7 miles from us in december. May be tempted to go for £10 a ticket.

Neph

• TNMS Member
  • #stripthetitles
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 00:19:46 AM »
It was a darts exhibition in Boness last Friday. Whitlock, Barnaveld and Wade were the main three "stars". Got to meet all three of them, all very pleasant people who were more than willing to pose for photos etc.
#herewego10inarow

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 20:32:58 PM »
It was a darts exhibition in Boness last Friday. Whitlock, Barnaveld and Wade were the main three "stars". Got to meet all three of them, all very pleasant people who were more than willing to pose for photos etc.

Nice one. I was talking to the lad who managed to get Terry Jenkins to our club back in july. He's a big fan of Terry's, and goes to watch him a fair bit on the circuit. He was telling me he can probably get Adrian Lewis and Darryl Fitton up our club as well. What impressed me about Terry Jenkins was the way he stayed on after the show, talking to everyone and signing things and having his picture took with people there. My mate said you wouldn't get that with Phil Taylor, who leaves as soon as he gets his last dart out of the board, and is off into the night with his £6000 fee!

Neph

• TNMS Member
  • #stripthetitles
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
Nice one. I was talking to the lad who managed to get Terry Jenkins to our club back in july. He's a big fan of Terry's, and goes to watch him a fair bit on the circuit. He was telling me he can probably get Adrian Lewis and Darryl Fitton up our club as well. What impressed me about Terry Jenkins was the way he stayed on after the show, talking to everyone and signing things and having his picture took with people there. My mate said you wouldn't get that with Phil Taylor, who leaves as soon as he gets his last dart out of the board, and is off into the night with his £6000 fee!

I've heard that Adrian Lewis is the same as Jenkins, more than willing to mix with the punters, sign stuff etc.
#herewego10inarow

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 14:15:15 PM »
There were rumours flying around that Jenkins went off the rails a bit when he started getting succesful, and was not liked on the tour

Nice to hear that either that was bollocks or that he has sorted out his act
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 22:56:33 PM »
There were rumours flying around that Jenkins went off the rails a bit when he started getting succesful, and was not liked on the tour

Nice to hear that either that was bollocks or that he has sorted out his act

All i can comment on is how he was at our club Jonners, and as i said, he was spot on mate. He did hint that there were a few players on the circuit that he wasn't the best of mates with, and that some of them didn't try as hard as they could in certain matches...

Spud

• TNMS Member
  • You know how that rabbit feels!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 20:40:37 PM »
Some bloke called Dolan just scored a 9 dart finish having to start with a double at the Matchplay tonight, now that is something special.

Blastzone

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Another Jack Daniels please
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
Some bloke called Dolan just scored a 9 dart finish having to start with a double at the Matchplay tonight, now that is something special.

....and he played damn well apart from that .
He was a 500/1 outsider pre tourney...now in the final against Taylor who has been brilliant.
Should be a very loud crowd tonight in Dublin with Dolan in the final
Mon the Jambos

Blastzone

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
Grand Slam of Darts is down to the last four

Great tournament and format so far...

Semis

Anderson v  Walsh (cmon Gary)

Taylor v Lewis
Mon the Jambos

Andrew_Haldane

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2011, 13:20:20 PM »
Call me a troll, I wandered in here by accident (hit the wrong link), but I really cannot for the life of me understand how darts is a spectator sport let alone is popular enough to generate a world series/championship whatever its called Is it the social/drinking culture side of it that appeals? Same with Snooker (though that seems to be a bit more civilised) really both of them are just bar games like skittles arent they? Nothing wrong with any of them as hobbies or pastimes and I quite enjoy a game myself just really struggle to understand how anyone can make a living playing them, how either game can be considered a sports or why anyone would sit in front of a tv for hours or pay to watch someone else playing live? Not trying to belittle anyone here it genuinely leaves me completely flummoxed  :-\

Blastzone

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 13:36:23 PM »
Its great to watch on the telly Andrew...find it quite exciting tbh :)

Aside from their ability(not physical ability in the true sense of course), its the characters involved that i find quite entertaining.

Darts has gained incredible momentum again of recent, and the whole alcohol thing has firmly been put to one side.

Not everyones cup of tea of course, football is my first love spectator wise, but it's a good break away, now and then from the overpaid nancy boys diving and falling aboot incessantly on a footie park  :)
Mon the Jambos

Andrew_Haldane

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 14:39:54 PM »
Darts is the new rock n roll eh? Well I don't suppose I'll ever "get it" but I suopose some people think that way about football.....now that's just downright disturbing