Darts

Started by Neph, June 23, 2010, 19:13:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neph

I played darts for a while in my late teens but gave it up after a few months. I received a dartboard as a father's day gift and haven't stopped playing since Sunday. Anyone else play this 'sport'?
#herewego10inarow

Blastzone

I have a wee go on a Friday night, after gubbing my mate at snooker ....who then proceeds to gub me at darts bigtime.
He's quite good , i'm pretty pish but it's a good old laugh.
Always amazed at Phil Taylor and his 3 dart averages.
Give me 9 darts to his three and i'd still be struggling.
Mon the Jambos

Neph

I've joined a pub team and I've got my first game tonight. Nobody in the team has seen me play, and I have no idea of the standard expected, so it could be my last game as well!!
#herewego10inarow

zoony

Havn't played for years now Neph, but used to play for our working mens club team, and in a sunday morning league up there as well. Enjoy watching it on telly as well.

Neph

Didn't play great but didn't play badly either. I was surprised at how nervous I was, a shaky hand leading to some wayward throws. Still, I enjoyed the evening and look forward to next week.
#herewego10inarow

Bez

Quote from: Neph on September 21, 2010, 00:11:33 am
Didn't play great but didn't play badly either. I was surprised at how nervous I was, a shaky hand leading to some wayward throws. Still, I enjoyed the evening and look forward to next week.

well done mate...

I used to play a long time ago....I was OK, but nothing special...when you see players at "county" standard you'll notice a big difference....

I managed one 180 in my entire career !
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

NeilP

only ever hit one 180 and not in a match - did play as a youngster for a pub but they were too good for me. I do recall my first ever game for the pub tho - I was thrown on when the match was over - in the warm up I hit 3 bulls in 3 darts - then lost!

zoony

September 21, 2010, 11:27:56 am #7 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 23:55:30 pm by zoony
Quote from: Bez on September 21, 2010, 08:43:43 am

I used to play a long time ago....I was OK, but nothing special...when you see players at "county" standard you'll notice a big difference....

Definitely mate. A bloke who was in the year above me at school was a very good county player, and i remember him and his mate cleaning up on Bullseye years ago.

Fishy

Quote from: zoony on September 21, 2010, 11:27:56 am
Definitely mate. A bloke who was in the year above me at scholl was a very good county player, and i remember him and his mate cleaning up on Bullseye years ago.

did they win the caravan ?
From the Land of Honest Men.

NeilP

I be t the bendy bullies has perished by now

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

zoony

zoony

Reg

There used to be 3 darts league nights a week in my pub way back when.  The serious night was Tuesday.  '2nd division' was Wednesday night.

I played in the Monday night league ;)  It was just an excuse to get out on a Monday night.  Enjoyed the game though.  That was over 20 years ago. 
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Spud

Was Monday the Champions League night of darts or the Evo-Stick league?